Reference : USA05199
Applications Engineer- Auto/EV Markets- Upstate New York; Manufacturing Composites
- United States , New York , GRANVILLE
- Permanent / Regular
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
EV-Automotive Application Engineer will be part of a global team with a regional focus in NA. Will be the critical technical contact for the customer. Must have a customer orientated mind-set and a deep understanding of the following –
- Application of our products in EV market
- Technical Back-Office capabilities including hands-on lab testing
- Tape Solutions Product portfolio
- Production processes & capabilities
Provide technical input & field assistance internally to Sales & Marketing and externally to customers.
Ensure a strong (lateral) communication and a professional commitment to internal & external customers.
Strong commitment to safety, service, quality, efficiency & timely response.
Committed to become the technical authority recognized by the SBU and customers.
BS degree with specialization in Chemistry/Chemical engineering/Materials/Polymers + knowledge in mechanical testing of polymeric materials- Required
Master's degree in Engineering discipline with above specialization or equivalent- Preferred
4+ years experience in Mechanical testing/evaluation of polymers/elastomers- Required
2+ years experience with AutoCAD OR CATIA OR SolidWorks Prototyping machinery- Required
2+ years experience with understanding of analytical testing of polymers/elastomers- Required
High level of human relations, verbal and written communication, organization, planning & follow-up skills. Strong computer skills (Excel/Powerpoint/Outlook/SalesForce).- Required
High level of engineering aptitude in polymeric material testing, roll to roll processing, web handling, converting and industrial process design.- Required
Knowledge of the application of engineering plastics, elastomers, and adhesives in the EV battery production- Preferred
IATF related responsibilities (Auditor)- Preferred
Technical Contact/Support to customers–
- Understand stated and unstated requirements of customer application
- Provide product/solution recommendation based on application specific testing, data, analysis and explanation
- Provide professional & timely response to customer technical inquiries by understanding the application requirements (stated & unstated)
- Provide customer and sales force training on product feature, benefits, and applications.
- Work in collaboration with customers to resolve product performance issues
Applications (Solutions) Leadership-
- Continuously improve understanding of customer application requirements in the dynamic EV market
- Understand and synthesize needs from market for internal deliberation.
- Pro-active in applications knowledge sharing and collaboration across regions
Product Benchmarking -
- Create/Update sales tools to support sales & marketing
- Perform competitive benchmark testing and provide summary reports identifying gaps and advantages
- Develop application specific testing to highlight product features and propose distinctive values, considering application
Support Activities -
- Technical support to marketing communication and marketing literature
- Supporting R&D in testing of products in development
- Product stewardship activities including (but not limited to) IMDS, SDS, RDS
- Support QC in relevant audits
Who are we ?
About Granville, NY:
• Located within rural Washington County in Upstate New York.
• Glens Falls/Queensbury, NY- 40 minutes
• Saratoga Springs, NY- 50 minutes
• Manchester, VT- 30 minutes
• Bounded on the east by the Green Mountains of Vermont, the north by Lake Champlain and Lake George, the west by Saratoga Springs and the south by the Capital District.
• Many local outdoor recreational opportunities. This includes a recreational trail that runs directly behind the site.
• Not accessible by public transportation.
About the Facility:
SG Granville offers solutions for bonding, protection and insulation to the automotive, aerospace, energy, construction, electronics, medical, and general industry sectors.
Through the support of our four global research and development centers and our advanced polymer technology expertise, we create innovative solutions that enhance performance in the most extreme environments. Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, we are dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s most extreme and demanding application issues.
For more than 50 years, SG Granville has been a proud member of the community- first as Sandon, then as Norton Company. The site continues to support the community with its philanthropic activities and employee volunteerism. SG Granville employs around 115 employees over three shifts.
We are a five day a week operation. We encourage candidates to apply who are looking for a career and not just a job. With highly competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits, we ensure our employees feel rewarded for their contributions. With low turnover and an average service time of over 15 years there are many employees who have made a long-term commitment to the success of SG Granville.
Candidates are impressed with our starting hourly rates and the earnings potential from merit increases. Yearly bonuses, 401(k) with match, and pension add to the total rewards package. Finally, the opportunity to live where you work affords employees the opportunity to have a great job and still easily be involved in community/family activities.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.