Reference : 580358
Territory Manager- Central Florida
- Posting date : 08/04/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/04/2020
The Territory Manager (TM) for CertainTeed Exterior Product Group is responsible for the sales growth of CertainTeed’s (CT) portfolio of Roofing products and systems by generating sustained demand and positioning of CT as the preferred choice among owners, architects, builders, contractosr, and distribution customer audiences in a manner consistent with CertainTeed’s core values
- Ability to Work collaboratively within the organization, including Key Accounts or National Builder manager said well as teammates and Regional Manager to succeed. .
- Strong motivation to meet or exceed Performance Objectives and Incentive Sales Goals as determined by management.
- Achieves specifications for Value Added Products (VAP) and increase project closing rate in both the residential and commercial markets.
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall business to maximize quality / effectiveness and quantity of sales calls.
- Engages with all stakeholders in the construction process including but not limited to end-users, contractors, builders, architects/specifiers, owners and homebuilders and distribution partners creating strong “pull-through” demand.
- Actively target and develop targets, contractors, builders and distributors and have regular follow up discussions with teammates and regional manager.
- participates as an active member if deemed necessary in local home building Associations to help secure specifications and drive profitable business.
- Builds, maintain and add value to relationships between customer’s and CT’s organization; customers include, including owners, specifiers, contractors, distributors, as well as internal customers such as customer service, technical or quality organization etc.
- Provide technical support to all customer audiences and establishes credibility as a solutions oriented expert.
- Preforms market sensing functions, reports on customer needs and market intelligence and trends.
- Monitors market pricing and trends, and when needed suggest adjustments to area pricing.
- Regularly conduct and participate in sales education and training of architects, contractors, builders and property owners, applicators, distributors and other trade factors.
- Develop and maintains business plans within the market using already established documents
- Participates in and promotes CT’s “Building Solutions” program to support cross-business unit growth.
- Identify and qualify new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy.
- Promptly investigate customer complaints, prepare and submit in a timely manner samples and recommendations to the respective plant quality manager to expedite resolution.
- Participates in formalized training programs to continually improve professional selling and technical competencies.
- Reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, marketing, business or similar discipline, or five (5) years of equivalent training and experience that provides thorough knowledge of the laws, regulations and practices concerned with the field of construction.
5+ years of applied professional experience which includes managing customer relationships, sales presentations and closings of sales.
Knowledge of commercial and residential construction practices.
Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking.
Good interpersonal, negotiating and problem solving skills
Excellent presentation skills with good written and oral communication
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com