Reference : 570006
Sales Operations Specialist
- Posting date : 07/11/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/11/2019
The CertainTeed exterior product sales team is looking for a Sales Operations Specialist to support the systems and processes that are essential to the sales department’s productivity and compensation. The Sales Operations Specialist would be responsible for helping maintain and implement overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. This individual will work closely with the exterior products sales organizations to directly support their efforts in achieving the objectives, goals and priorities set by their respective management teams. They will also work closely with IT to develop effective solutions to utilize technological capabilities available while focusing on portability and upgrade capabilities to future technology. The Sales Operations Specialist will also monitor and study the marketplace to identify processes and tools which may benefit the profitability and improve work efficiencies within the exterior products sales teams. Additionally, they may also assist in strategic projects primarily within Sales and Marketing which may be key to the profitability of the exterior products sales team and have high visibility within the Saint-Gobain North American organization.
The Sales Operations Specialist reports to the Sales Operations Manager. Travel will be minimal, but required for up to two to three nights per month during national and regional sales meetings, along with other industry related events, trainings, and ride-along opportunities with the sales team.
- Works with the Exterior Products Sales Coordinator to create and maintain compensation plans, calculations and reports within Callidus (owns the Callidus process).
- Works with the IT Salesforce Effectiveness team and independently to develop and maintain solutions within Salesforce.com that enables sales productivity improvements related to both effectiveness and efficiency. Includes Salesforce.com maintenance and general upkeep.
- Utilizes QlikView to meet the sales data needs of field sales including but not limited to; customer related data, region and territory data and sales plan goal setting.
- Assists in the implementation of enabling technologies to field sales teams and works to optimize the effectiveness of these technologies.
- Assists in the research, development and delivery of training to enhance the knowledge of the field sales team and keep them current in regard to laws, processes, tools and techniques which will improve their efficiency and provide a strategic edge over the competition.
- Maintains data collection processes regarding sales organization needs and ideas for improvement; including but not limited to best practices across both roofing and siding.
- Bachelor’s degree; with 3-5 years’ progressive experience in sales operations, sales, customer service and/or marketing.
- Background in process improvement (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean… etc.)
- Thorough functional experience with Salesforce.com is preferred with the ability to learn and perform administrative functions in conjunction with support from the internal IT SFE department.
- In-depth experience or knowledge of systems and processes used by typical sales organizations
- Project management, team leadership and consensus building with individuals from various departments and locations
- Process-thinking and task management with emphasis on improving ease of use and time to completion
- Effective communication and presentation skills in all settings and group sizes
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at the same time and excellent time management.
- Strong interpersonal skills when working with members of the sales team and other departments.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.