Reference : 571398
Territory Manager (Mid-Atlantic States)
- Posting date : 08/15/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/15/2019
The major objective of the Territory Manager – Gypsum Products is to support the profitable sales growth of CertainTeed’s portfolio of gypsum products and systems by generating sustained demand within their territory. This is accomplished through sales and promotional activities targeted at positioning CT as the preferred choice among contractor and distribution customers.
Additionally, this position is responsible for providing service to assigned customer base that is consistent with, and in support of, the five Saint-Gobain attitudes that represent our heritage and ambition. Cultivate Customer Intimacy, Act as an Entrepreneur, Innovate, Be Agile, Build an Open and Engaging Culture.
| || |
| || |
- Operates in a safe and environmentally conscious manner, providing Preferred Service and Preferred Quality to our customers
- Develops and implements territory strategy consistent with the overall U.S. Gypsum Policy Deployment Strategy and overcome the Must Win Battles.
- Track and manage all sales volume commitment by state, customer & branch on a daily basis in order to achieve overall monthly forecast.
- Develops effective working relationships with distribution yard managers (up to 60% of time), contractors (up to 30% of time), and architects/specifiers (up to 5% of time) creating “pull-through” demand. Subsequently working with distribution customers to close related sales.
- Actively targets and tracks construction projects from planning through bidding phases to maximize closing rates using company provided tools such as McGraw-Hill Network, SpecShare, etc.
- Provide technical support to all customer audiences; establish credibility as solutions oriented, industry expert
- Digital Usage, placing an emphasis on relationship-based sales to increase customer retention, satisfaction, and new opportunities through the effective use of SalesForce.com and Net Promoter Score
- Performs market sensing functions and provide VOC reports on customer needs, and market intelligence/trends by documenting in SFDC. Daily documentation of sales activities in SFDC.
- Manages market price by customer, channel, mode/mix and SKU to maximize profitability. Monitors competitive market pricing and, where applicable, presents documented price approval requests to manager in strict accordance with legal requirements and company guidelines.
- Conducts/participates in sales promotion and educational meetings with architects, contractors, applicators, and distributors’ personnel. Assist in the planning and conducting of contractor audits
- Participate in, and promote CT’s “Building Solutions” program to support Cross-Business Unit growth
- Identify, qualify and develop new account prospects consistent with overall company strategy
- Promptly investigates customer complaints, prepares reports and make recommendations to supervisor for timely settlement.
Conducts business operations according to the CertainTeed Gypsum service charter to maximize our service offering, and minimize plant disruption. Proactively promotes the sale of slow moving product (SLOB Report)
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study, or the equivalent training which will provide a working knowledge of the regulations, practices and procedures concerned with outside sales activities for the construction industry.
Three plus years of related experience in applying this knowledge in daily sales activities such as managing customer relationship, sales presentations and the closing of sales.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and build quality relationships through networking.
Proficient in Spanish preferred.
Negotiation skills, problem solving abilities, and presentation skills a must.
Proficiencies in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) are also required.
Manage expenses to budget
No direct reports.
Majority of time spent at customer sites in the field visiting with existing and prospective customers and influencers. Travel primarily via company car in strict accordance with company fleet policy. Up to 30% overnight travel.
In manufacturing and construction environments, must be capable of wearing personal protective equipment necessary to comply with government and company safety standards. May require some tasks that include walking, bending, twisting, gripping, stair and ladder climbing, navigating rough terrain and lifting up to 30 lbs
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.