Reference : 572029
Director of Sales Operations
- Posting date : 09/10/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/10/2019
SageGlass is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
The Director Sales Operations (DSO) manages the Inside Sales Team and the Sales Operations Team and is responsible for the support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting and management, sales process (lead to cash) optimization, sales analytics, sales job design, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of Inside Sales force and Operations talent. Key functions are lead generation, generating quotes and business analysis of the sales function within SageGlass.
The DSO is a key leadership role whose work of overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization has enormous influence on business decisions. Reporting to the Vice President Sales, the DSO also works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled within the sales organization supported. Essential functions/responsibilities include:
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Leads the Inside Sales team to produce high quality actionable qualified leads for the field sales force.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement.
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Monitors the assigned sales organization’s compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales management to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments.
- Working with Sales, Manufacturing and Accounting, establishes a periodic S&OP process to ensure accurate forecast of incoming orders, shipping and revenue recognition
- Coordinates training delivery to sales, sales management, and sales support personnel in the sales organization supported.
- Supports the equitable assignment of sales force quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources.
- Works to ensure all sales organization objectives are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs.
- Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures.
- Directs and supports the consistent implementation of company initiatives.
- Builds peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key management personnel
Accountability and Performance Measures
- Achievement of lead generation targets and quotas.
- Achievement of sales, profit, and strategic objectives for the business unit supported.
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives.
- Accountable for the thorough implementation of sales organization-impacting initiatives.
- Responsible for the efficient allocation of technology, support, and training resources impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate and on-time reporting essential for sales organization effectiveness.
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management.
- Reports to the Vice President of Sales.
- Will directly manage Inside Sales Managers as well as Sales Operations made up of Administrative Specialists, Sales Operations Coordinators, or Analysts.
- Directs the support of sales specialists, implementation resources, service resources, and other sales and management resources as needed, coordinating with the appropriate management-level supervisors.
- Fosters close, cooperative relationships with peer leaders, sales management, and sales and support personnel
- Four-year college degree from an accredited institution.
- 7-10 years sales operations management or sales management experience in a business-to- business sales environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business analytics for Sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives, sales team and coordinating with field Territory Managers.
- PC proficiency, Salesforce.com, Excel, Powerpoint
- This position requires occasional travel.
- All prospective team members must pass a background check
- This position is based in Faribault Minnesota.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Tuition Assistantance Program
- 401K & Pension
- Paid Parental Leave
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.