Reference : 571425
Regional Sales Director (Northeast/Midwest)
- Posting date : 08/15/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/15/2019
SAGE is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
Seeking experienced Regional Sales Manager Director to lead sales and manage Mid-West and North East region to achieve sales quota. Regional territories include states of IA, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, ME, MI. This will include direct management of Territory Sales Team, Independent Rep network, and general responsibility of sales quota in Region. This individual will be responsible for hiring, training, individual development, reporting and sales strategy.
Essential Functions Include:
Hire and Develop Territory Managers
Understands territory well to determine hiring priority. Develop and coach territory managers to hit their individual quotas.
Manage Sales Personnel to:
Generate sales by presenting product to customers and influencers which include architects, building owners / developers, engineers, LEED & energy consultants, glazing contractors, utilities, etc. through various avenues
Build Sales Pipeline:
- Research customers and influencers that are likely prospects and make cold calls as necessary to make product introduction.
- Through consultative selling become a solution provider to customers and identify the key people in firms to develop relationships with to maximize results.
- Participate in industry organizations and their events, network through organizations to generate leads. Join committee’s relevant to our business.
Manage Projects in Sales Pipeline to meet Quota:
- Follow up on bone fide enquiries and leads from public relations, advertising and other marketing activities promptly (forward to reps and monitor as applicable).
- Identify and prioritize high probability leads.
- Track their progress through construction phases providing necessary information including quotes, product, installation requirements etc. to customers in timely fashion as required
- Bring to purchase order or other logical conclusion. If not successful, identify reason.
- Update sales database
- Continue to learn about the product, its capabilities, integration into framing systems, optimal applications, design for optimal pricing, sales strategies, etc.
- Use resources within SAGE as well as external sources to ensure accurate presentation of information to customers.
- Read industry periodicals on development trends, glass, framing systems, architecture, buildings, sustainability, etc. to be a knowledgeable resource for customers. (Be the solution provider).
- Hone presentation skills and sales skills.
- Cooperate and collaborate with other Regional Sales Directors on projects that extend across territories.
- Participate in national (may be outside of territory), regional and local conferences, trade shows, and conventions.
- Promote product and company to attendees
- Attend seminars relevant to product
- Assist in developing sales strategies.
- Assist Field Operations in enduring customer satisfaction.
10+ years solution selling experience
3+ years successfully managing a team of sales professionals in a region
Must have experience in a solution/value selling and long sales cycle environment
Excellent communication skills – verbal and written. Strong interpersonal skills and can deal with a wide range of audience from C-Suite/project owners to construction trades,
Bachelor’s degree, MBA or similar preferred
Experience desired in exterior construction products with glass industry strongly preferred
>50% to 66% overnight travel on average with a majority of the travel to be conducted within the territory
Travel to national conventions and conferences also required
Frequent travel to Faribault, MN for sales meetings, customer tours, etc.
Comply with SAGE’s Business Principles and company policies.
Applicant must currently reside in the North East or Mid-West Region ideally in the greater Chicago or Boston areas. Region to include: IA, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, ND, NE, SD, WI, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, ME, MI. States in Region are subject to change.
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Medical/Dental/Vision Benefits
- Tuition Assistantance Program
- 401K & Pension
- Paid Parental Leave
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.