Reference : 567445
Territory Manager (Southern California)
- Posting date : 04/16/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 04/16/2019
SAGE is all about its people, its products and its company culture. The vision of the company is to deliver a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic product for buildings and to provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
The Territory Manager is responsible for covering the sales territory of Los Angeles, CA and sourrounding region. This person will ensure the success of the territory’s growth targets by setting the territory specific strategy and tactics in order to engage, nurture and win with key stakeholders. Those key stakeholders are building developers, owners, investors, architects, glazing contractors and occasionally electrical contractors. This person must possess a dynamic range of engagement to nurture all stakeholder levels, with a mix of technical and softer sales skills. Complex, long cycle strategic selling experience is a must.
- Own the territory strategy and execution based on overall business strategy and territory growth targets
- Develop and nurture ongoing and project based relationships with key developers, owners, investors and architects aligned to SageGlass’ value proposition
- Educate on the benefits SageGlass brings to the investing stakeholders and occupants and ensure value to price is articulated against alternative solutions
- Maintain clear solution and corporate differentiation against competition
- Attend local trade events and speaking engagements for key target verticals
- Create and nurture ongoing project based relationships with qualified glazing and electrical contractors to support successful bidding and installation of SageGlass
- Ensure the appropriate level of technical training is provided during the sales and installation process through reference material, videos and engagement with SageGlass Architectural Solutions
- Grow and maintain a pipeline level in support of territory targets by creating self-sustained system of opportunity discovery
- Collaborate with inside sales and marketing for central office based opportunity discovery and nurture
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly reporting for the territory derived from routine use of Salesforce
- Quarterly reporting of territory progress against strategy
- Report to marketing competitive information on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field preferred
- 5+ years in a technical sales management role preferred
- 5+ years multi-stakeholder, complex and long sale cycle experience preferred
- Business savvy
- Strong sales and negotiation skills
- Initiative, drive and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills across multiple stakeholder levels
- Strong presenter
- Good planning and organizational skills
- The ability to work calmly and focused under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills
Experience and desire to work within a start-up environment, contributing to developing business infrastructure and aggressively scaling a high growth busines.
Hands-on. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something.
You have the skill to work in cross-functional, fast-paced environments with the pressure of multiple deadlines, multiple stakeholders and complexity
Perks, Benefits and Compensation:
We know that talented people are attracted to companies with an amazing culture, competitive pay, comprehensive benefits and outstanding career advancement opportunities. If hired you can expect;
- Strong compensation plan
- Full medical benefits
- Paid Time Off
Who are we ?
SageGlass® is the pioneer of the world’s smartest electrochromic glass and is transforming the indoor experience for people by connecting the built and natural environments. Electronically tintable SageGlass controls sunlight to optimize daylight, outdoor views and comfort while preventing glare, fading and overheating without the need for blinds or shades. SageGlass dramatically reduces energy demand and the need for HVAC by blocking up to 91 percent of solar heat. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, SageGlass is backed by more than 350 years of building science expertise that only the world leader in sustainable environments can provide.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.