Reference : 571396
Business Development Project Manager- CertainTeed
- Research and Development
- Posting date : 08/14/2019
- Research and Development
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/14/2019
Saint-Gobain, the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, designs, manufactures and distributes building materials, providing innovative solutions to meet growing demand in emerging economies, for energy efficiency and for environmental protection. Saint-Gobain is a welcoming, solid, open-minded company that offers long-term career opportunities. Our company is the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of building materials, and a leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers, operating in 64 countries. Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 and is headquartered in Paris, France. The company had sales of $41 billion in 2014 and employs more than 180,000 people worldwide.
CertainTeed, part of the Saint-Gobain group and a leading North American manufacturer of building materials, is looking for a creative Project Manager to lead the strategic development and commercialization of new and innovative technologies. This role can be located either at the Saint-Gobain Research North America in Northboro, MA or at the Saint-Gobain North American Corporate Headquarters in Malvern, PA. The Saint-Gobain Research Center for North America has been a major research center for Saint-Gobain since 1985. We have an outstanding record of achievement, and are committed to growth through the development of proprietary products based on novel materials and process technologies. The 186,000-square-foot R&D Center is based in three buildings on a 26-acre site near I-290 in Northboro and has approximately 350 employees from 30 different countries. The Saint-Gobain North American Corporate Headquarters, a LEED® Platinum certified building situated on 65 acres, is a dynamic showcase for Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed Corporation. Housing business, marketing, and R&D functions, it was designed to demonstrate the power CertainTeed/Saint-Gobain products have to improve the quality of people’s lives.
We are looking for a talented Project Manager for Business Development, who shares our enthusiasm for leading innovation within the building industry. This role will work as strategic partner to marketing, sales, and R&D teams to advance innovation, technology development, and commercialization of new technologies for CertainTeed. The Project Manager will engage with business teams, innovative start-up companies, and external partners to asses new and emerging technologies including: strategic planning, value proposition, key players, the value chain, advantages & risks, competitive technologies and approaches, commercialization strategy, IP, manufacturing process, EHS, legal and regulatory implications, etc.; all the aspects which could be relevant for the driving commercialization of new technologies and products. For defined opportunities, the Project Manager will lead commercialization activities including the product roadmap, business planning, sales and operational planning, and execution of the go-to-market strategy.
- Building Industry experience, ideally within the building product value chain
- Strong initiative and risk taking, acting as entrepreneur
- Business planning and strategy development
- Innovative mindset toward new technology and business strategy
- Listening and communication
- Teamwork and networking
- Up to 30% travel
- MBA and/or substantial experience in the strategic planning and commercialization of new products with a track record of new technology and product commercialization
- At least four years work experience in the building industry, ideally situated within the new building product development (R&D, marketing), commercialization, distribution, specification, and/or procurement.
- Ability to evaluate the commercial potential of new technologies and develop innovative, customer-focused, data-driven, and value-maximizing commercialization strategies and business plans for the delivery of these technologies and market adoption.
- Ability to work collaboratively and diplomatically with external and internal constituents
- Strong communication skills and ability to interface with all levels in the organization and with customers
- Demonstrated leadership and execution focus
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.