Reference : USA06411
Building Science Strategist
- United States , Massachusetts , NORTHBORO
- Permanent / Regular
- Research and Development
Saint-Gobain is looking for a strategist to join the company’s building science organization. The strategist articulates the approach to leveraging internal building science capabilities to drive sales and profitability and to make building science an integral part of the Saint-Gobain brand image. Although currently defined as an individual contributor role, this highly visible position offers growth opportunities within the organization.
- Lead analytical market research and building construction market segmentation efforts. Utilize knowledge of Saint-Gobain product portfolio to identify opportunities to leverage internal building science capabilities to enable sales, drive profitability, and build brand image.
- Collect voice of customer data through collaboration with the customer experience team and identify pain points and expressed & unexpressed needs of targeted customers.
- Articulate the tactics to provide building science support and authoritative content to external audiences in collaboration with corporate marketing and business entities (product management, marketing, sales, technical services & contractor training). Approaches include inbound and outbound marketing, account-based marketing, training of customer-facing entities, and technical collaborations with external partners. Mobilize internal and external expertise and drive execution.
- Contribute to commercial strategy related to building product systems.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure the impact of the actions and track performance. Actively support the development of a robust sales attribution model.
- Clearly communicate strategy, approach, and results to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Stay abreast of building construction market trends, utilize, and disseminate knowledge.
- Lead a program aiming to identify opportunities to develop new products, solutions, and services and perform early-stage assessments. This entails:
- Aligning with businesses on areas of focus
- Establishing the methodologies to collect and screen ideas and executing
- Launching projects, following progress, and reporting to stakeholders
- Strong knowledge of the residential and commercial building construction business.
- Strong experience with R&D stage gate process
- Strong Project Management experience from concept to completion
- Knowledge of construction and building science concepts (IEQ, IAQ, hygrothermal transfer, waterproofing, durability).
- Strong analytical thinking skills, and ability to pragmatically extract value from complex information and large data sets. Ability to conduct rigorous and detailed analyses, without losing sight of the big picture.
- Marcom experience.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and ability to adjust style and content to the audience.
- Ability to bridge highly technical individuals and non-technical audiences.
- Strong ability to manipulate data (cleaning and joining data sets) using Excel, Python, or other programming language.
- Basic statistics knowledge.
- Customer-centric, self-driven, and entrepreneurial.
- Decisive, action-oriented attitude; ability to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- A never-ending desire to learn and grow.
- Bachelor of Science in mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, material science, civil engineering, construction management, or related fields.
- 10+ years of experience in the building construction or building material industry with a proven track record of successful strategy and marketing role(s).
- 3+ years of R&D experience that include stage-gate/project management experience.
- MBA with a focus on marketing and sales is a plus.
- Up to 25 % travel.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America is one of Saint-Gobain’s largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on multidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow's products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.