Reference : USA04367
- Research and Development
- United States , Ohio , STOW
- Permanent / Regular
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for providing support to R&D, leading troubleshooting activities, process improvements, equipment installation, and development of processes and procedures. The incumbent’s efforts should lead to cost saving initiatives, improvements in or development of products and processes. The incumbent may interface with Operations and suppliers supporting these processes related to material, manufacturing and engineering activities to support cost, quality and cycle objectives. In addition, the industrial engineer will be responsible for not only working on assigned projects but generating projects from their own methods and analysis.
- Provides daily technical support to the organization through solving of pilot plant problems with the primary focus on identification of root causes and correction of the process. This will involve working closely with R&D, Operations, Maintenance, Production Planning, and other plant functions.
- Researches and/or develops new processes, equipment, and tooling as required to manufacture new or existing products. Understands best-in-class processes and equipment. Research and document quality improvements, cost-effective methods and process and system improvements. Provide data analysis of processes to support creation of work instructions, process adjustments, and general improvements.
- Investigate and implement special project assignments involving the addition of equipment, productivity and quality improvements throughout the plant as directed. Aid in the training of plant personnel where the operation of new equipment or new manufacturing procedure is concerned. Initiate corrective-action projects and actively lead problem-solving teams driven by customer complaints, i.e., returned goods inspection and assessment. Participates in internal audits of the quality conformance system / process.
- Support capital equipment needs with respect to new technologies and business needs. Assist with planning and implementation of such capital projects. Review new product designs for manufacturability.
- Proven ability to develop, create, justify, and implement engineering projects.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, in addition to excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team based environment and to work collaboratively to solve problems.
- Knowledge and experience with 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing, kaizen, WCM.
- AutoCAD LT and process control systems experience.
- Demonstrated problem solving/analytical ability. Statistical analysis/design experimentation skills, basic quality principles.
- Self-motivated and independent. Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Familiar with stage-gate process.
- Project leadership including project management, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must possess a body of technical work commensurate with their years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in HSE.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience or MS with 3+ years of experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment plus demonstrated technical judgement/accomplishments or an entry level PhD Mechanical/Industrial Engineering.
- Five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- One+ years’ experience in R&D environment preferred.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain NorPro's advanced ceramic technologies span well over 100 years with well-known solutions for fixed bed reactor processing and heat & mass transfer applications. We are the leading supplier of custom catalyst carriers, bed topping media, support media and other products that support energy production.
Many of our brands dominate the industry from our Denstone® bed support and MacroTrap® guard bed media, to our recognized Aludur® and Proware™ ceramic formulation materials and Accu® spheres catalyst carriers. 90% of our catalyst carriers are co-developed with customers from an impressive range of materials ranging from alumina to zirconia.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.