Reference : USA06300
Lead Scientist/Team Leader Fireproofing - GCP
- United States , Massachusetts , Wilmington
- Permanent / Regular
- Research and Development
PROUDLY PART OF SAINT-GOBAIN
The R&D leader will interface with the business and technical service to support all aspects of the business, provide technical input to the plant, and support new product development as well as performance/cost improvement projects. Technical work will involve cementitious and polymeric coating formulations, testing per industry codes and standards including an understanding of fire test.
The main responsibilities include:
- Supports fireproofing business through testing of the product for field issues, provides assessment and evaluation of new raw materials, works with the technical service manager to support all code testing requirements, and oversees day-to-day activities of a technician.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety for the group and ensures safe operating processes. Will become part of broader R&D safety team.
- Works with Northborough facility to design the fireproofing lab, install in-house fire testing equipment, set up spray booth and spray equipment for cementitious as well as coating spray
- Develops new test methods or procedures and validate the results. Maintains and troubleshoots lab instruments and field equipment in the area of focus.
- Ensures JSAs and SOPs for all equipment and operations are up to date.
- Stays aware of new technology by reviewing literature and trying new ideas for alternate materials and new product concepts
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Team player, self-starter and action-oriented
- Troubleshooting skills in resolving product issues, fixing equipment, and process improvement
- Demonstrated knowledge in HSE and 5S
- BS Degree with a minimum of 12+ years’ experience, or MS with 7+ years of experience, or PhD with 3+ years in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related field plus demonstrated technical judgment/accomplishments.
- Project management skills with a demonstrated track record of successful product launches, cost optimization, or business support activities.
- Experience with commercial spraying equipment, construction industry knowledge, and fire testing preferred
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.