Reference : USA07362
Senior Process Development Engineer I - CertainTeed
- United States , Pennsylvania , MALVERN
- Permanent / Regular
- Research and Development
Why do we need you ?
CertainTeed Gypsum R&D is looking for driven, talented, and energetic researchers to join our current team in leading manufacturing and sensor development projects and process improvements. This position will facilitate the development and implementation of new processes, techniques & sensors enabling manufacturing transition toward industry 4.0. Projects will focus on process development activities related to CertainTeed Gypsum’s extensive product line. As a Senior Process Development Engineer, the candidate will investigate, research, and develop new technologies and sensors to improve processes. Phases of development include pilot, scale-up, and implementation of R&D processes into manufacturing. The ability to communicate across all levels of the organization will be essential for this role to influence others and drive projects.
- Utilizes research and/or project experiences and broad expertise of materials, processes, techniques and sensors to improve on or develop products, increase performance, or reduce costs, in order to maximize production and/or to support fundamental research within a major product or technology area.
- Leads manufacturing trials within process area – trial plan preparation, planning with local teams, risk mitigation strategies, trial execution – to promote understanding and innovation.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, on time, well documented and within budget to meet business and customer objectives.
- Seek out others to enhance and streamline development and decision making.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to manage, manipulate and analyze raw data, draw conclusions, perform ETL, and develop actionable recommendations using technology from complex quantitative and qualitative data
- Require minimal assistance and guidance on administrative and technical aspects of role.
- Continuously and reliably carry projects through to completion with little assistance from supervisor.
- Proven ability to work in a production environment and with other cross functional business teams, building relationships and establishing support and consensus to drive projects forward.
- Stay aware of new technology applications and competitive uses of same in work with materials, products and processes, and in development of new knowledge.
- Demonstrate open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility.
Strong knowledge of analytics and visualization tools such as Python, R, SQL, Excel (including PowerQuery, PowerPivot and VBA) PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
Knowledge and experience with common PLC and SCADA systems and their integration.
Is this job for you ?
Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience; Master’s Degree with 3+ years’ experience or entry level PhD
3+ years' of experience as Process Engineer working in plants or working closely with plants
- 2+ years' of hands on experience in the lab or plant working with sensors, preferred
A little more about us
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.