Reference : 567872
CapEx Jr. Buyer (H/F)
- Posting date : 04/30/2019
- Posting date : 04/30/2019
The Capex Jr Buyer will support the strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinate all activities related to the procurement of capex from project charter through delivery. Capex Jr Buyer will work with suppliers and internal stakeholders to identify solutions that support operational requirements while reducing Total Cost of Ownership.
50% of time
- The buyer will be responsible for leading individual purchases within Capital projects as directed by supervisor. The Categories represent a blend of Process equipment, Non Process equipment, Services and civil construction, typical of industries like mining, petrochemical or plastic processing.
- He/She will coordinates with the engineering team in defining their needs, challenges the specifications to eliminate bias and ensure a fair opportunity for all suppliers, understands the project schedules requirements, coordinates the flow of technical information required for project completion.
- He/She will be responsible of sourcing suppliers and engage discussion, getting the right documentation (NDA, Supplier ID card, certificates, etc.). He will be involving the IPOs team to support him in the LCC strategy sourcing. Major responsibilities include following a disciplined approach to the Strategic sourcing methodology and conduct evaluation and selection of suppliers through supply market analysis, identification of supplier capabilities
- He/She will be preparing the RFQ documents and will be responsible for launching the tender, reviewing proposal, analyzing risk, and negotiating contract. He/She will set up bid walks when necessary. He/She will insure the comparison of the offers through a TCO analysis while maintaining compliance with Saint-Gobain best practices and policies and procedures.
- He/She acts as point of contact to the site buyers to help answer any questions regarding the SG capex methodology and to ensure purchasing rules and regulations are being adhered to.
- Job requirements include timely communication, open and transparent dealings with internal stake holders.
50% of time
- He/She will be supporting the other CapEx buyers on their projects by initiating commercial contact, insuring the NDA signature, setting suppliers in Prosource launching the tenders, send regret letters. He will monitor the activity of the suppliers and insure supplier are respected the time line project.
- He/She will be responsible for the storage of the contract into Procurenet following the Saint Gobain Group requirement. He will insure that the draft contracts are downloaded every month from the legal portal to capture any change or modification.
- He/She will be updating the supplier data base, insuring that supplier are invited into R-Net, and information are in line with CapexNet requierement.
Capex Jr buyer will be responsible for individual projects ranging in spend of $75k-$300K, this range can increase depending on the VIE buyer development.
Capex Jr buyer must escalate contract disputes to either the Senior Capex buyer or the Director. The position has to work within the Saint Gobain rules and regulations for Capex purchasing, finance, risk management and legal and balance the requirements for the project with the expectations from the vendors to come up with a solution that is in the best interest of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply chain, Finance
- Preferred Master degree in business /purchasing / supply chain management
- 1-2 years of purchasing experience preferably in a manufacturing processing industry.
- Ability to lead and cover multiple projects /spends simultaneously.
- Successful track record of delivering tangible savings
- Must have understanding of Legal Contracts for Capital Equipment and construction projects.
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus
- Proficient in use of MS OFFICE (EXCEL, WORD, POWERPOINT)
- Ability to read and understand product specification documentation and contracts
- Ability to comprehend and initiate report criteria (ability to analyze and present)
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Another foreign language would be a plus (French, Spanish, German, Chinese…)
- Previous experience working with suppliers in low cost country regions is a plus.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE ABLE TO
- Communicate effectively - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieve results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Lead through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Be open to change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Execute with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Plan and organize well- sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Have the ability to learn quickly
Please be aware that the VIE is a French government program open only to citizens of the European Economic Area* under 28 years of age.
For more information concerning the V.I.E. program please visit www.civiweb.com.
*28 Member States of the European Union including Norway, Iceland, Lichtenstein and Monaco
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com