Reference : 576984
Buyer- Indirect Purchasing (Analyst)
- Posting date : 02/28/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 02/28/2020
The Indirect Purchasing Buyer is responsible for the management of specific general purchases categories in the areas of Travel, EHS/Waste, R&D Overhead, SGTS Equipment/Services; as well as other overhead to include uniforms, office supplies, marketing, and facility expenditures for the North America headquarters location. In this capacity, the Indirect Purchasing- Buyer is responsible for all aspects of indirect for these strategic, indirect, and complex commodities with an annual spend of over $130 million across all business units in North America. General purchase spend categories include many sub-categories with diverse requirements across multiple business units and represents a significant opportunity for cost reductions and process improvements with a centrally managed approach. The Buyer directs all sourcing, contract and price negotiations, supplier management, reporting (savings, compliance, and other KPIs), and supplier value added/value engineered activities, as appropriate/applicable. In these processes, the buyer leads stakeholder teams from the businesses and/or regional teams and drives the decision-making for the benefit of the organization.
This role also prepares and initiates requests for proposals for specific projects. This will involve researching the market, supplier base, developing the sourcing strategy, and working with the business unit or delegation representatives, leading the negotiations and final decision making.
Specific to travel, the buyer is responsible to develop, implement, and monitor travel policies for North America in conjunction with executive management and in alignment for global policies.
- Identify spend, develop sourcing strategy, and lead all sourcing, supplier negotiations, contract negotiations, and supplier selection to minimize the total costs associated with the various categories of spend for all Saint-Gobain North America businesses
- Utilize the SG digital procurement eTools, Prosource and eAuction for RFP and price negotiations
- Develop and maintain monthly KPI reports for each procurement category; collect and manage data from external (suppliers) resources as well as other industry benchmarks and internal purchasing resources
- Quarterly supplier meetings to track service levels, compliance, and opportunities for improvements/incremental cost savings
- Publish periodic progress reports to the business units
- Provide strategic vision and have a direct impact on the profit and loss of each business unit affected
- Manage the travel program for North America in close collaboration with SG global travel management team to assure alignment with global objectives and policies
- Implement and manage policy directives for the USA and Canada
- Direct the activities of the travel management vendor to assure excellent customer service to the 4000+ SG travelers
- Negotiate all air, hotel, and car rental agreements as part of the global travel team; assure discounted pricing is implemented Monitor compliance and implement for corrections as needed
- Prepare annual travel plan in conjunction with travel agency
- Monitor changes in legislation affecting business travel
- Resolve travel related expense report issues
- On call for any travel related security issues; coordinate with VP of Business Compliance and Security
- Develop and publish the quarterly purchasing updates to the business unit; this report details all the year to date activities of the Delegation Purchasing teams
- Coordinate the annual Purchasing Conference
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Admin, Finance, or related field required
- Master’s degree in Business Admin, Finance, or related field preferred
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in purchasing with strong emphasis on sourcing and implementation of programs for indirect spend required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with travel management experience preferred
- Solid analytical skills, proficient with excel, database management systems required
- PowerPoint proficiency and good presentation skills; required presentations to senior management required
- Highly developed communication skills both written and oral. Ability to use data and lead teams to the best decisions for the organization
- Organization skills key to be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be technically astute and able to align the varying technical requirements of the diverse business units to achieve standardization where possible for maximum cost effectiveness
- Must be able to lead teams and drive toward consensus and compliance.
- Requires an experienced professional with technical expertise and very good interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external stakeholders
- Travel up to 10% to supplier meetings and local plant sites
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.