Reference : 586593
- United States , Mickleton , MICKLETON, N
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
- United States MICKLETON, N
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
How would you like to be part of one of the most innovative companies in the world? A company that has been around for over 350 years? Saint-Gobain is for you!
We currently have an immediate need for a Buyer in our Mickleton, NJ site to support our Hose Distribution Group.
This position is responsible:
- Ffor supporting the site in procurement of all materials required to complete assembly fabrication and bulk components distribution in accordance with due dates driven by the Master Schedule and Production site demands.
- Negotiate with current and potential suppliers and venders to optimize the price, quality and delivery of materials with a minimum of lead time.
- Adhere to all Saint-Gobain Global Purchasing guidelines and standards.
- Release and track work orders for the hose distribution subcontractors in order to meet customer dates (both internal and external).
- Develop, measure and maintain schedules for the subcontracted orders and work cross functionally to ensure all orders are processed in a timely manner to meet the required completion or ship date.
- Regularly assess the market, secure the revenue stream by developing contracts with critical suppliers and proposing to develop dual sources where it makes sense.
- Comply with the Saint-Gobain purchasing process and use the Digital Purchasing tools to launch bids and make sure all suppliers are compliant with the Group Corporate Social responsibility policy.
- Will work closely with the customer service team to communicate due dates and maintain the review of the subcontracted part backlog.
- Other duties that are assigned to this position.
The successful candidate:
- Must have a BS degree in business, supply chain or operations management.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing and/or materials management in a manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years' experience in supply agreement/contract negotiations preferred.
- Have strong communication skills.
- Must be a dedicated, self-starter with a high degree of motivation.
- Have excellent problem solving, negotiation, and project leadership skills.
We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes benefits that start date of hire.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.