Reference : 586592
- United States , Solon , Solon
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
- United States Solon
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
The CapEx buyer will be part of the Saint Gobain Life Sciences central purchasing team. He/She will be working directly with the LS sites and supporting them with the purchasing aspects of assigned projects, performing the following tasks:
- Identifying potential suppliers for the projects
- Preparing the ‘Request for Quotation’ document package, with the support of engineering team
- Running the RFQ, using the purchasing E-tools in place
- Analyzing and negotiating the proposals
- Negotiating Contracts with the support of the Legal department
In addition to the project assignments, the Capex Buyer will be responsible for the purchase of some identified categories common to multiple plants. For these categories, He/She will be working on defining and implementing a purchasing strategy and being the primary contact internally and with the suppliers.
He/She will be collaborating with the team on improving the site compliance with respect to the purchasing process and other company purchasing programs.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or Operations Management required
- Experience in Project Management,
- Experience in purchase of construction design, construction work, facilities improvement and utilities work.
Skills and abilities
- Organized, with ability to work on multiple projects
- Dedicated, Proactive, self-starter with a high degree of motivation
- Able to follow a methodology/process. Mathematical and problem solving skills necessary to fulfill position requirement
- Abilities in summarizing information and presenting it
- Negotiation and project management skills
- Responsive and able to respect deadlines and planning requirements
- Computer skills necessary to fulfill requirement of position, including but not limited to MSOffice products, QAD, etc. Must be very proficient in Excel
- Experience in design construction and construction project.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.