Reference : 587373
- United States , Ennis , Malvern
- Posting date : 08/13/2021
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/13/2021
Why work for us?
At CertainTeed, Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What’s the Job?
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions for both the Ennis, TX (where the position is based) and remotely for the Shreveport, LA facilities. This position will perform all purchasing activity and will focus on cost savings, strategic purchasing improvement, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of internal digital tools while providing timely service to internal customers. This position reports into the Regional Purchasing Manager.
- Act as both a tactical and strategic Purchaser for the site and business unit.
- Coordinates and leads all site-level RFPs for both local OpEx and CapEx purchases (per the requirements definition phase) which includes vendor negotiations through to the contract signature (if applicable), and PO creation.
- Foster site compliance regarding the North American Purchasing Policy [NAPP], Purchasing’s Internal Controls Reference Framework [ICRF], Gift Policy, and Credit Card [P-Card] Policy.
- Negotiate, audit, and retain all agreements using CertainTeed’s document repository [ProcureNet].
- Drive compliance for MRO and Agora use at the site level.
- Utilize the company’s digital tools to ensure everything is bid out according to policy, vendors are validated, and savings/avoidance is properly tracked/reported.
- Process purchase orders and notify vendors for requested materials, parts, and services which may include contract preparation, SGCT Drug & Alcohol Policy, and other requirements.
- Evaluate spend and develop portfolio which to determines which vendors should be contracted along with action plan.
- Resolve invoice and GRIR issues in a timely manner by working with the vendor, AP, project managers, and requisitioners.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are acknowledged/tracked/closed timely and reviewed weekly for accuracy.
- Travel the site in Shreveport, LA is expected at a minimum of once every two months as well in the case of emergency, special projects and site audits.
What do you bring?
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Leadership, or Project Management with proven success.
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter, organized, analytic, and able to handle multiple projects at a given time.
- This position requires ability to manage multiple priorities, foster change, and work with a dynamic group of people. Prioritization skills are needed as this position is required to determine the demands to procure materials and services for multiple users.
- This position requires the candidate to be service orientated and sensitive to customer needs.
- This position also demands very strong communication skills and have the professional manner to interact with internal and external contacts on a daily basis.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.