Reference : 582639
Plant Purchasing Agent
- Posting date : 10/12/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/12/2020
CertainTeed’s Purchasing team is looking for a Purchasing Agent to join their group to assist the Roofing plant located in Shakopee, MN. The Purchasing Agent is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions for the facility. This position will perform all purchasing activity, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for both goods and services. This role will need to focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers. The Purchasing Agent reports to the Purchasing Operations Manager, who is based out of our corporate office in Malvern, PA.
Plant Purchasing Responsibilities
- Coordinates and leads all site-level RFPs for both local and CAPEX purchases (per the requirements definition phase) which includes vendor negotiations through to the contract signature (if applicable) and PO creation.
- Engage the plant’s technical teams early in the buying process to ensure compliance of purchasing methodology.
- Foster site compliance regarding the BU Purchasing Policy, Purchasing ICRF (Internal Controls Reference Framework), and P-Card Policy.
- Ensure all RFPs are launched through ProSource and are accompanied by the Supplier Charter.
- Drive compliance for use of AGORA at the site level.
- Utilize Digital Tools to ensure everything is bid out appropriately, vendors are validated, and savings are captured.
- Prioritize cost savings initiatives at the site(s).
- Process purchase orders and notify vendors for requested materials, parts, and services which may include contract preparation, SGCT Drug & Alcohol Policy, and other requirements.
- Hold regular training sessions with plant staff regarding Purchasing procedures.
- Evaluate spend to determine which vendors should be contracted.
- Resolve invoice and GRIR issues in a timely manner by working with the vendor, AP, project managers, and requisitioners.
- Review monthly purchase orders, changes, and discrepancies with the plant manager.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are closed timely and reviewed weekly for accuracy.
- Documentation Process Coordinator for files and records (i.e. quotations, purchase orders, MB51 reports, receipts, etc) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and audit guidelines.
- Travel between facilities of responsibility to ensure a physical presence in order instill consistent dialogue and involvement.
- Site audits of vendors and/or vendor tours when necessary.
- Required attendance at specific events such as Buy-Techs and departmental staff meetings.
- Need to be at facilities in case of emergencies or projects.
- Participate in Saint-Gobain online and in-person training sessions.
- Participate in monthly purchasing staff meeting conference calls.
- Participate in monthly purchasing activities review with Purchasing Operations Manager.
- Participate in plant level meetings as defined in the operations cadence.
- BA (or BS) degree or 5+ years applicable work experience in a procurement/buyer position.
- Leadership experience and ability to foster change.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel to other sites 10% to 25% at times, depending on business needs.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.