Reference : 576855
- Posting date : 03/06/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/06/2020
Are you a purchasing professional eager to join a manufacturing team dedicated to sustainability? CertainTeed, a subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, is looking for a Purchasing Agent to work within one of their Siding plants in Hagerstown, MD. As a member of the Siding team, you will ensure all items necessary for the successful operation of the Hagerstown plant and its production operations are purchased in a timely and accurate manner. These items include parts and materials, general supplies and services, raw materials and capital improvement items. CertainTeed is a complex, diverse, and fast-paced organization that will challenge you from both an operations and manufacturing standpoint. You must be prepared to respond quickly and accurately while following appropriate policies and procedures.
- Manage the Site Action Plan for increased competitive Bidding and ICRF compliance achievement
- Receive scope of work by departments and enter purchase requisitions into SAP for the purchase parts, materials, repairs, general plant supplies and services.
- Following SG purchasing policy and procedures: obtain quotes for items to be purchased, establishing new vendors based on better prices, better quality or services while requesting competitive bidding from vendors
- Submit vendor additions and changes to include W-9 and ACH forms for SAP.
- Maintain clear and concise records of all purchasing transactions.
- As needed, notify EHS of new contractors for verification and set-up in Avetta system.
- Provide back-up to Plant Controller on issuing purchase orders.
- Manage delivery, expediting and all procurement data for internal customer requirements
- Coordinate accounts payable process between plant and Corporate Shared Services and assist with resolving issues within AP systems
- Generate and assist with various department reports including Vendor Analysis, PO, and month-end close reports
- Collaborate with Quality, Materials and Operations to vet and rate suppliers
- Associate and/or Bachelor Degree in Business Administration desired. With degree, 3 years’ experience in purchasing preferably in a plant or manufacturing facility.
- Systems experience such as SAP/ERP or equivalent IT platforms of MRP procurement is required.
- Must be responsive and flexible to changing needs and demands of internal and external customers and work within tight deadlines and manage multiple and overlapping priorities.
- Occasional travel will be required to complete Supplier Audits, Trainings and support other Sites.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.