Reference : 569353
- Posting date : 06/11/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/11/2019
This position is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions for the facility. This position will perform all purchasing activity, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for both goods and services. This role will need to focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers.
Plant Purchasing Responsibilities
- Required to sign Purchasing Charter annually while ensuring anyone with purchasing authority at the facility signs it as well.
- Coordinates and leads all site-level RFPs for both local and CapEx purchases (per the requirements definition phase) which includes vendor negotiations through to the contract signature (if applicable) and PO creation.
- Engage the plant’s technical teams early in the buying process to ensure compliance of purchasing methodology.
- Foster site compliance regarding the BU Purchasing Policy, Purchasing ICRF (Internal Controls Reference Framework), and P-Card Policy.
- Ensure all RFPs are launched through ProSource and are accompanied by the Supplier Charter.
- Upload and audit all contracts in ProcureNet.
- Drive compliance for use of AGORA at the site level.
- Utilize Digital Tools to ensure everything is bid out appropriately, vendors are validated, and savings are captured.
- Prioritize cost savings initiatives at the site(s).
- Utilize the law department library of contracts for all capital, equipment, and service transactions.
- Process purchase orders and notify vendors for requested materials, parts, and services which may include contract preparation, SGCT Drug & Alcohol Policy, and other requirements.
- Convene bid walks/meetings with project managers and contractors.
- Convene monthly meetings with plant requisitioners, engineers, and department managers to determine purchasing assistance and requirements.
- Hold regular training sessions with plant staff regarding Purchasing procedures.
- Evaluate spend to determine which vendors should be contracted.
- Resolve invoice and GRIR issues in a timely manner by working with the vendor, AP, project managers, and requisitioners.
- Review monthly purchase orders, changes, and discrepancies with the plant manager.
- Ensure Purchase Orders are closed timely and reviewed weekly for accuracy.
- Documentation Process Coordinator for files and records (i.e. quotations, purchase orders, MB51 reports, receipts, etc) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and audit guidelines.
- Avetta Coordinator – works with vendors to become pre-qualified through Avetta (insurance, etc)
- Travel between facilities of responsibility to ensure a physical presence in order instill consistent dialogue and involvement.
- Site audits of vendors and/or vendor tours when necessary.
- Required attendance at specific events such as Buy-Techs and departmental staff meetings.
- Need to be at facilities in case of emergencies or projects.
- Participate in monthly purchasing staff meeting conference calls.
- Participate in monthly purchasing activities review with Purchasing Operations Manager.
- Participate in plant level meetings as defined in the operations cadence.
Confidentiality is imperative in this position while the information communicated must be controlled and accurate. Responsible for the annual procurement of materials, supplies, and services of several Million Dollars which requires a focus on cost savings initiatives.
All decisions must be in compliance with Company procedures while insuring the internal customer’s needs are fulfilled. This role must work as the intermediary between CertainTeed and our vendor/supplier for any issues and negotiations. Fast paced decision making will be needed to curtail any emergencies at the facilities while staying within compliance. Any error(s) made may affect the image, credibility, and certifications of the Company and Plant. Most of the purchasing and procuring problem solving challenges presented to this position are governed by written procedures and established practices.
- 2+ years’ experience in Procurement, and/or Project Management with proven success.
- Bachelor's Degree in either Business, Finance, or Supply Chain preferred.
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter, organized, analytical, and able to handle multiple projects at a given time.
- This position requires a this individual to influence change/ change management, and interface with various levels of internal stakeholders.
- Candidate must be able to conduct activities in a confidential and secure manner.
- Prioritization skills are needed as this position determines the demands to procure materials and services for multiple users.
- This position requires the candidate to be service orientated and sensitive to customer needs.
- This position also demands very strong communication skills and have the professional manner to interact with internal and external contacts on a daily basis.
- Needs to be a confident person who represents the company to customers, vendors and other visitors.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.