Reference : USA04578
- United States , North Carolina , OXFORD
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/09/2023
- United States OXFORD
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/09/2023
What’s the Job?
This position is responsible for the management of all Purchasing activities and projects under their scope for the Oxford, North Carolina Roofing Facility. This position will perform all purchasing activity (including but not limited to: negotiation, management of spend, bid management, and execution of contracts for both goods and services). This role will focus on cost savings, strategic purchasing improvement, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of internal digital tools while providing timely service to internal customers.
- Act as both a tactical and strategic Purchaser for the site and business unit while prioritizing cost savings initiatives.
- Coordinates and leads all site-level RFPs for both local OpEx and CapEx purchases (per the requirements definition phase) which includes vendor negotiations through to the contract signature (if applicable), and PO creation.
- Engage the plant’s technical teams early in the buying process to ensure compliance of purchasing methodology and proper management through the bidding platform.
- Foster site compliance regarding the North American Purchasing Policy [NAPP], Purchasing’s Internal Controls Reference Framework [ICRF], Gift Policy, and Credit Card [P-Card] Policy.
- Ability to manage projects for sites which they oversee, evaluate spend, to develop site portfolios for site agreements and cross-site/business synergies to leverage contract negotiation.
- Drive compliance of the company’s digital tools to ensure everything is bid out according to policy, vendors are validated, and savings/avoidance is properly tracked/reported.
- Utilize the law department library of contracts for all capital, equipment, and service transactions.
- Process/monitor purchase orders and act as full-scope vendor liaison (i.e. bid walks, quotation, negotiation, purchases, contracts, risk qualification, SGCT Drug & Alcohol Policy, etc).
- Execute and review monthly reporting to ensure proper site operations, commitments are reconciled, and on-time payments are achieved.
- Hold regular training sessions and monthly Purchasing meetings with the plant staff regarding Purchasing procedures.
- Documentation Process Coordinator for files and records (i.e. quotations, purchase orders, reports, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and audit guidelines.
- Required to sign Purchasing Charter, participate in online and in-person training sessions, weekly/monthly conference calls and meetings, and engage in plant level meetings as defined in the operations cadence.
Travel to the other sites or Corporate Headquarters for called meetings (Buy-Techs, events, staff meetings).
What do you bring?
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Procurement, Leadership, or Project Management with proven success.
- Candidate needs to be a self-starter, organized, analytic, and able to handle multiple projects at a given time. This position requires a leader who can manage pressure/stress, foster change, and work with a dynamic group of people.
- Candidate must be able to conduct activities in a confidential and secure manner.
- Prioritization skills are needed as this position is required to determine the demands to procure materials and services for multiple users.
- This position requires the candidate to be service orientated and sensitive to customer needs.
- This position also demands very strong communication skills and have the professional manner to interact with internal and external contacts on a daily basis.
- Advanced Excel skills required
- SAP knowledge preferred
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.