Reference : 587338
- United States , Buchanan , Buchanan
- Posting date : 08/11/2021
- United States Buchanan
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/11/2021
CertainTeed Gypsum in Buchanan, NY is now hiring a Site Buyer. This individual is responsible for managing all purchasing and compliance functions primarily for the facility where the site buyer is located, but also possible to perform similar tasks / responsibilities for other manufacturing sites that could be requested by the Operations Purchasing Manager. This position will perform all purchasing activity, negotiate payment terms, and execute contracts for both goods and services and responsible to maintain, order and manage the raw material requirements and inventories for the site (s). This role will need to focus on cost savings, implementation and adherence to global compliance, and utilization of digital tools while providing timely service to our internal customers.
- Develops and maintains a Road Map to assess local suppliers. Negotiates local spend and contracts utilizing Saint-Gobain e-tools for bidding (ProSource) for all opex and capex spend over $20k.
- Reports all hard and soft savings at the end of each project using Purchaser Performance Management (PPM) Saint-Gobain e-tool.
- Creates contracts using standard templates and exhibits, monitors validity of all contracts, and ensures that they are uploaded into ProcureNet e-tool for contract management.
- Ensures maximum compliance to Corporate Preferred Supplier Programs.
- Drive compliance for the use of Agora at site level.
- Coordinates competitive bidding for all site purchasing categories with various stakeholders.
- Creates purchase orders and manages inbound supply.
- Manages and resolves invoice exceptions in IOL System (Invoices-On-Line) and works on resolving root-causes of invoice discrepancies including support for Goods Received Invoice Received (GRIR).
- Monitors and updates anticipated delivery dates in ERP.
- Proactively analyses local practices, suggests and implements improvements to drive optimization, efficiencies and best-practice utilization.
- Monitors and reports vendor performance using digital tools while addressing deficiencies as needed.
- Serves as a gatekeeper for purchasing policy compliance and adherence to internal control requirements at the site.
- Owns monthly reporting for purchasing KPIs and plant-specific metrics.
- Participates in reoccurring meetings with plant requisitioners, engineers, and department managers to determine purchasing assistance and requirements.
- Provides remote vacation coverage for Site Buyer roles in other manufacturing facilities and adhoc coverage for other responsibilities as directed by the manager.
- Maintain daily requirements and insure service to internal and external customers
- Optimize spares stock room removal/reorder process and communication
- Ensures Capital spend done in accordance to policy vs. exception
- Implement new contracts for services to create framework PO’s and remove from manual approval/coding in IOL
- Clean up any outstanding GR/IR greater than 60 days.
- Monitors raw material consumption and inventory levels via SAP ERP, plans and orders raw materials in order to achieve the production schedule and maintain optimal inventory levels.
- Processes purchase orders for non-stock items.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining local MRP settings for each raw material.
- Notifies vendors of non-conforming material issues and requests corrective actions with Central Purchasing and Quality engagement.
- Assist Central Purchasing with plant-specific information on raw material consumption and ongoing performance of raw material vendors: safety, quality, delivery, price adherence to contracts, etc.
- Maintain a close communication with Category Managers regarding the raw materials, suppliers, quality issues, delivery issues, specific needs for the site(s), logistics aspects, etc.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience which will provide a working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures concerned with purchasing activities.
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing, inventory management or manufacturing activities.
- Excellent computer skills; including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Passion for accomplishing preferred quality, service and best value in Purchasing
- SAP systems knowledge (Strongly Preferred)
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (Strongly Preferred)
- Travels up to 20% between facilities of responsibility to ensure a physical presence in order to facilitate consistent dialogue and involvement.
- Site audits of vendors and/or vendor facility tours when necessary.
- Completes all the mandatory purchasing training online and in-person.
- Participates in plant level meetings, purchasing meetings and specific events as defined in the operations cadence.
- Performs analysis of portfolio of spend, looking for synergies for negotiations across all BUs.
- Monitors and mitigates single sourcing situations.
- Documentation Process Coordinator for files and records for the purpose of ensuring the availability of documentation and compliance with established policies and audit guidelines.
- Works collaboratively with peers in order to exchange best practices and enhance professionalism and purchasing skillset to enable an integrated and high-performing purchasing function overall.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.