Reference : 586052
Project Manager- Strategic Enablement
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 05/05/2021
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 05/05/2021
As the Project Manager for the Strategic Enablement Function, you will be responsible for working on key strategic projects/programs (including but not limited to digital) that help enable the business strategy. This role will help drive strategic initiatives while bringing in best practices based on market research and customer needs. The role requires a mix of strategic thinking, influence and negotiation, project management, and efficient prioritization. This role is extremely hands-on, and demands detail-oriented execution skills. Our internal customers (stakeholders) rely on timely and efficient status reports. As Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects, as well as maintains focus on goals and objectives of assigned initiatives including such factors as: scope management, internal/external resources, project schedules, issues tracking, risk management, and project status reporting. A digital mindset is preferred for this role, as well as a passion for adopting digital technology to business needs.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with management, project sponsors, product owners, architects, and other stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.
- Lead project execution and delivery as well as help project teams maintain an overall project vision in supporting project plans.
- Refine project execution approach using project management standards and best practices.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.
- Develop and deliver progress reports to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Develop and advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- 4+ years of relevant project management experience in running projects in a complex, multi-site environment with cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Proven record of project management skills.
- Practical knowledge of both agile and non-agile project methodologies.
- Practical experience working directly with business/IT leadership to set direction and drive project execution.
- Experience managing projects that are software/application development and IT infrastructure related.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- Ability to assess and apply the appropriate levels of project practice and engagement to achieve the project objectives being fulfilled by agile and non-agile teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group including executives, managers, and technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills. Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Capability to apply critical thinking to project situations, make judgment calls to establish direction for resolution, oversee the resolution plan, and represent status and impacts to key project stakeholders.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including executive management, customers, and other departments.
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Ability to conceptualize solutions from general information, limited uncertainty, and defined opportunities.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, commitments, deliveries, expectations with limited business implications.
- Ability to resolve conflict among participants.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.