Reference : 586826
Marketing Manager – Medical Filtration Applications
- United States , Massachusetts , Solon
- Posting date : 07/01/2021
- United States Solon
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/01/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
This is a remote position based anywhere across the USA. This position performs a critical role in defining and executing the medical filtration strategy for the Medical BU within Life Sciences. The role will be responsible for the following:
- Strategy Definition: Define, communicate and implement the filtration strategy for the Medical market conducing to long-term, profitable growth. Gain key understanding of the value proposition and establish clear marketing roadmap to communicate such value proposition into the market.
- Product development initiatives: Ensure ongoing business growth and profitability by leading effective development & commercialization of new products in concert with defined Market Needs, R&D and Engineering. Develop, lead and implement strategies and tactics that enable continued profitable growth for filtration applications within the Medical BU. Deny opportunities that do not fit into the medical business strategies or offer profitable growth.
- Price Management: Create and implement pricing guidelines and methodologies for new and existing product lines, providing the rule book, guidance and empowerment to the Sales, Pricing and New Business Teams to negotiate pricing while yielding acceptable contribution margin.
- Product Management: This role will be responsible for determining product life cycle obsolescence or discontinuation strategies. As such, this role will also establish appropriate KPIs for measuring and monitoring successful portfolio management ensuring suitable contribution margins are maintained partnering closely with site controllers ensuring year or year pricing changes are well defined, understood and assessed to determine what is site related cost increases (variances) that cannot be passed on to the customer. This role will determine when the product life cycle should end based on volume, price or competition erosion then drive the change control to obsolete or discontinue to the product(s) in scope.
- Promotion: Establish clear and defendable value propositions with a focus on differentiation. Create both internal and external Sales Tools, Promotional Literature & Technical data compilation, and Thought Leadership collateral in support of the messaging.
- Strategy & Product Management – Plays a KEY STRATEGIC ROLE in defining the Product and Service Offering strategy for the filtration portfolio of the Medical BU. This includes, but is not limited to establishing the targeted market segments that SG should participate in and what Product and Service Capabilities should be offered. This will include an assessment of existing products, a make versus buy for identified product needs, identification of acquisition technologies and/or specific companies, and identified service needs (integrity testing, validation testing requirements, etc.). The proposed product and service offering capability requirements will be driven through the various functional activity areas (i.e. Application Engineering, R&D, Quality, etc.) by the filtration Product Manager. This role will be responsible for determining product life cycle obsolescence or discontinuation strategies. This role will determine when the product life cycle should end based on volume, price or competition erosion then drive the change control to obsolete or discontinue to the product(s) in scope.
- Pricing Management – Responsible for developing and implementing product group level tools and margin policies for pricing to be used by the Sales, Pricing and New Business Teams. Must be capable of performing both simple (fast) and complex (detailed) financial and profitability analysis in support of pricing decisions. Developed pricing practices must be compliant with both Saint-Gobain ICRF and LS pricing policies. This role will also establish appropriate KPIs for measuring and monitoring successful portfolio management ensuring suitable contribution margins are maintained partnering closely with site controllers ensuring year or year pricing changes or change control related pricing changes are well defined, understood and assessed to determine what is site related cost increases (variances) that cannot be passed on to the customer.
- Promotion: Responsible for creating promotional tools that support both internal (Sales) and external (Customer) needs that appropriately promote and position SG products and service offerings. Also responsible for creating and producing “Thought Leadership” content in support of the SG product and service offering in the medical filtration market space. In coordination with the development of “Thought Leadership” collateral should be an Advertising Plan and appropriate Trade Show capability support.
- Positioning – Define and Establish both clear and credible “value proposition statements” for both our product and service capability offering. These value propositioning statements should be specific to targeted End User process segments / applications. Additional responsibilities require monitoring and benchmarking of competitor activity and product offering in the space, establishing validation summary requirements for products and capabilities, and liaising with the LS Global Quality / RA team to understand and assist implementation of industry required requirements and services.
- Personnel Management - Define resource requirements and job descriptions in support of the Medical business strategy. Further responsibilities include defining needed roles, hiring appropriate talent and delegating workload to its direct report(s). The Filtration Product Manager is also responsible for developing and managing career development and growth plans for its team member(s).
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Biology is required.
- Master's degree is Business Management is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, sales or engineering is required
- 3+ years of experience working in or adjacent to the medical industry or similar regulated industry is preferred
- 2+ years of experience in understanding product P&L and costing is required.
- 3+ years of experience with filtration applications is preferred
- Skill in MS Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word is required
Required Leadership Skills
- Communication: Must possess excellent listening skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills. Must be capable of explaining it to the Operator in the Factory or the VP.
- Possess the ability to synthesize available information and make informed decisions that are in alignment with the direction of the business
- Demonstrate honesty and high integrity consistently to build respect and trust.
- Inspire others via value-based behavior. Achieved by purposeful, powerful, meaningful, and passionate communication. Demonstrate exceptional listening skills
- Motivate Other People through inclusion in the business mission. Encourage and develop individuals to perform at their highest level.
Communication and Influencing Skills
- The position interacts with employees from various organizational levels and all internal functional areas. A high level of interaction with customer and vendor engineering and purchasing teams are similarly structured. A sensitivity to and understanding of other cultures is critical due to the global nature of the responsibilities.
- Business Strategy is complex and this position is responsible for clearly explaining strategy and associated tactics to multiple functions and levels within the organization.
- This position is responsible for external communication related to our highly technical product lines and therefore must be able to clearly communicate complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Balance the needs of the organization in a complex, high growth and often ambiguous context.
- Identify new, emerging technologies and potential partners that will improve Life Sciences competitve advantage and value proposition to customers.
- Identify gaps and solve problems in the organization related to the execution of the marketing and product development activities.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.