Reference : 570935
Market Business Development Manager
- Posting date : 08/05/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/05/2019
Under the direction of the Life Sciences Medical Marketing Director and the Global Sales Director, the Market Development Manager will coordinate global market and business development activities related to the Medical Components market of Life Sciences and its customers.
This person will identify and develop new business opportunities for sustainable growth of the Medical Components business globally based on the business strategy and focusing on “sweet spot” applications and markets. The incumbent will analyze the global Medical Device components markets, participate in industry trade shows and conferences, conduct external and internal interviews, and monitor the competitive and IP environment to define targeted opportunities for the global Sales teams to approach. Once opportunities are identified, the Market Development manager will work with the Marketing team to develop and create toolkits for the Salesteam to use to approach the new opportunities. In addition, this person will identify process, product or capability gaps and work with R&D and Strategy on a plan to fill these gaps.
- Provide a detailed segmentation of the global Medical Device components market. Describe and quantify each sub-segment worldwide
- Structure the competitive information (value chain, decision maps, profiles of players) in the same segments
- Describe the main applications, material platforms or processes that would lead to new significant business opportunities
- Collect field information (Voice of Customer, new market needs and trends, competitive and intelligence information)
- Conduct IP research to identify emerging technologies and competitive landscape
- Extract strategic recommendations based on the attractiveness of each sub-segment and application
- Understand and keep up to date with new regulatory requirements (work with Regulatory and Product Managementt)
- Work closely with business and research teams to understand our core competencies and use this knowledge as a starting step when looking at potential new applications / markets
- In collaboration with our Research and Development and business teams, identify new applications, material platforms and /or technologies which could represent relevant new business or market opportunities
- Develop and quantify value-creating scenarios to capture new business opportunities
- Make synthetic recommendations and propose pragmatic solutions to management based on market and technology assessments
- Provide selling price recommendations and expected margin per region/market/customer (working with product management) for new applications/markets
- Product/capability launch marketing kits & execution (work with Product Management/MARCOM team)
- Develop marketing tools for new products and applications from new business opportunity activities
- Lead efforts in developing samples kits and sales tools for this designated target market
- Support digital marketing activities of the Business Unit (e.g. content marketing)
New Product Development:
- Work closely with R&D and local/regional Market Managers to develop new products under the Stage-Gate process, acting both as project leader and project contributor
- Recommend tactical and strategic modifications of the portfolio
Education: Bachelor's Degree - Required, Sales or Marketing; Master's/MBA - Preferred
Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience - Marketing, Sales, and/or Application Engineering within Life Sciences / Medical Industry
Able to Travel - Domestic & International - 30-50%
Primary Work Location Options: Solon, OH or Northborough, MA
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain is the world’s leading producer of engineered high performance polymer products for virtually every industry around the globe, including automotive, medical, pharmaceutical, chemical, food, beverage, airline, truck manufacturing, appliances, construction and microelectronics.
Backed by a proud heritage of product innovation, technological expertise and market leadership, Saint-Gobain is dedicated to working with our customers to solve today’s application issues and to meet the challenges that lie ahead.
Saint-Gobain’s tradition of excellence goes back more than 350 years when it was established near Paris, France in 1665. Today, Saint-Gobain is one of the world’s top 100 industrial corporations and a leader in a wide array of engineered materials. Saint-Gobain employs over 170,000 employees in over 66 countries.
At Saint-Gobain, we believe that the innovations you dream can make a true impact on the world; that you can build a diverse career in a company with a rich history; and that the teams you work in offer the utmost in collaboration and cooperation.
Together, We Make a Material Difference!
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.