Reference : 587305
Product Marketing Manager
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 08/10/2021
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 08/10/2021
The selected individual will act as the Voice of the Customer to the product management team. This includes gaining a deep understanding of—and driving—contractor and consumer engagement with the product, throughout its lifecycle. Plus, building a deep knowledge of our market and competitors to help guide product roadmap/strategy, including key features and technologies to be developed as part of the Multi-Generational Product Plan for the specified product segment. Building from this knowledge, individual is charged with developing and communicating a market position for assigned product segments that are differentiated, clear, defensible and monetizable. In addition, role is responsible for arming sales (direct and channel) with the knowledge and tools they need to be successful in driving product placement sales and market share objectives. Working cross functionally, individual provides guidance in setting the marketing and merchandising strategy for assigned product lines and supplies key messaging content for use in defined Sales and Marketing tools that will span print, digital and social media.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Marketing strategy and execution of assigned portfolio products in partnership with Product Management, Business Unit/EPG Marketing and Corporate Marketing
- Determine contractor, end user and distribution customer needs through ‘Voice of the Customer’ activities, contractor/distributor councils, TM councils and competitive benchmarking
- Partner with Product Management to develop Multi-Generational Product Plan for assigned product segments inclusion of product line extensions and new to CertainTeed products and features/technologies, and targeting innovative ‘Industry First’ patentable solutions
- Support new product introductions leading cross functional team in development and execution of product launch and commercialization plan leveraging marketing vehicles, customer programs/promotions and merchandising platforms available within business and across Exterior Products and CertainTeed Corporate
- Align launch timing with key sales milestones and use detailed project management scheduling and tools to meet dates
- Provide input via Creative Brief and product positioning messaging to support Sales Collateral Development, Production and Management – including literature, samples, merchandising collateral, displays, webpages, advertising, PR and Social Media
- Collaboration across Sales and Marketing to develop and execute product and promotion programs to achieve business’ strategic and financial objectives
- Educate sales on new product features and benefits, as well as results of competitive benchmarking activities
- Determine installer, end user, owner and specifier needs as appropriate and partner with Channel and Corporate Marketing to develop tools and educational programs to achieve sales and market share goals in support of Group strategic objectives
- Partner with Channel Marketing to understand and enable channel marketing strategy, annual marketing plan, sales support programs and pull-through/demand generation activities to meet overall strategic objectives for channel market share, sales and profitability across all core selling channels, including: 1 Step and 2 Step Distribution, Buying Groups and Big Box Retail
Value Added Activities
As a member of the Product Management team, this position will have tactical and strategic responsibility for growing sales/profitability of the assigned product segments through effective product portfolio management and new product development activities. Position directly impacts four of our Strategy Deployment pillars: 1) Core Business Revitalization; 2) New Business Development; 3) ROI-Driven Spending Discipline; and 4) Winning Culture. Further, position has direct impact on marketing budgets. Lastly, the position will coordinate with and impact all other functional areas, including Sales, Logistics, Customer Service, NPD and Manufacturing Operations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required Education and/or Experience
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution with concentration in Marketing or Business Administration preferred
- Minimum of 5 years in Marketing or Product Management, with Sales and/or other relevant commercial experience preferred
- Experience successfully managing deadline-driven marketing/sales initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills
Requires excellent cross-functional team leadership and project management skills to set objectives and lead matrix organization in execution. Creative approach to problem solving and opportunity analysis required with demonstrated experience in business/ financial metrics used for decision-making. The position requires knowledge of the remodeling and new home construction business, specification practices, code and regulatory requirements and corresponding market trends.
Other Skills and Abilities
Strong problem solving and computer skills (Windows Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Must have the ability to work effectively and positively with all organizational levels, be proactive and an innovator. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Flexible, able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires working indoors in environmentally controlled conditions with standard level of noise common to an office environment including office equipment and co-workers speaking to each other and on phones. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment when entering the floor of manufacturing facilities based on the specific requirements of each location.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.