Reference : 585250
Product Manager - Fence Rail and Deck
- United States , Malvern , Malvern
- Posting date : 03/10/2021
- United States Malvern
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/10/2021
**This position may be located in Malvern, PA or remotely**
The Product Manager for Fence, Rail & Deck will ensure achievement of strategic, business and financial objectives for all CertainTeed Fence, Rail & Deck lines of business. This position will have responsibility for growing sales and profitability of assigned lines of business through effective product line management, as well as proactive and timely delivery of new product development objectives.
The Product Manager will be in charge of product planning and definition to ensure the product delivers value to target customers, achieves portfolio objectives, brand positioning and channel segmentation/differentiation goals. This person should have a depth of experience in insight and market analysis, strategy development, technical acumen, and project management. They will direct cross functional product management teams to own and manage the product throughout all stages of life cycle. The Product Manager reports to the Director of Product Management for Fence, Rail, Deck & Stone. Activities include ownership of the P&L and Multi Generation Product Plan, development of the portfolio and product line strategies, product lifecycle management, pricing strategy, leadership of front-end innovation and new product development initiatives and more.
Owns the P&L and Operating Plan
- Develops strategic plans for the portfolio, ensuring a link with the overall business objectives. Defines and delivers the annual tactical plans to realize defined commercial KPIs.
- In collaboration with Sales and Channel develop volume and share goals by product line by channel and track ongoing performance. Sales is final decision maker.
- Tracks the performance of the product portfolio. In working with sales, recommends changes to the tactical plan and challenges and initiates activity to maximize sales and boost profitability.
- Working with Strategy/New Business Development Manager and Finance to lead development of operating plan for your product lines on an annual basis, including market growth rates and new product sales budgets.
Develops portfolio & product line strategy
- Analyzes, assesses, assimilates market, competitive and VOC data with the goal to develop, maintain and/or refine the value proposition aligned to customer segment and channel which will deliver against the established line of business(LOB) strategy.
- Responsible for managing overall product profitability for both existing and new product lines, as well as defining and tracking sales results for new product launches.
- Collect ongoing VOC and market insight to develop and evolve multi-generational product plan, guiding key product initiatives in achievement of both annual and LRP sales, share and profitability goals.
Manages the product lifecycle
- Understand and reconcile the current product performance and develop future product strategy within a system and or product perspective.
- Define & establish the product standards/specifications aligned to market requirements inclusive of packaging.
- Informed of quality issues for product lines and supports quality and manufacturing to solve quality problems.
- Leads product planning and definition to ensure the product delivers value to target customers and we manage to the optimal assortment to balance incremental sales with working capital costs.
- Evaluates requests for product changes, enhancements, etc. and makes decisions on such requests.
Defines pricing strategy
- Develop and manage pricing guardrails that allow us to be competitive while maintaining the maximum product gross margins.
- Keep abreast and understand discounts, rebates to ensure the integrity of the pricing structure by conducting regular analysis and reviews.
Leads product line front end innovation & new product development initiatives
- Determine end user and distribution customer needs and develop new, innovative products and services, targeting ‘Industry Firsts.’ Similarly, through ‘Voice of the Customer’ activities and competitive benchmarking, collaborate with NPD and Operations to develop product line extensions, improvements and renovations.
- Develop product trial aligned with outcomes of NPD to validate customer expectations.
Leadership of the Line of Business Team
- Directs product team for Product Category. Members to include Finance, Marketing, Marketing Communications, Supply Chain/Logistics, Manufacturing and Sales to execute plans and programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or Science / Engineering; MBA preferred.
- Requires 5+ years of progressive product management, marketing and new product development experience with previous P&L responsibility. Background in consumer durables, building materials or home improvement products industry highly desired.
- Proven capabilities in planning, organizing, integrating and measuring programs and projects, with working knowledge of financial levers required to positively impact P&L and Cash Flow.
- Must have the ability to work effectively and positively with all organizational levels, be proactive and an innovator. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Flexible, able to handle multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to travel - approximately 20 - 25%
- Technical acumen to enable development of deep knowledge of all products within a product family, company policies and practices. Thorough knowledge of long-range and operational planning techniques.
- Project management, clearly articulating project scope and objectives, meeting deadlines, time management, contingency planning, approval channels and procedures, budgeting, and tracking/monitoring success.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated experience in financial metrics used for decision-making. Process orientation for execution and improvement of processes.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.