Reference : 569543
Manager, UX & Digital Design
- Posting date : 07/20/2019
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 07/20/2019
The Manager of User Experience and Digital Design requires a high level of creativity, graphic design skills, with a focus creating engaging digital experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for purposeful design, possess strong UX skills, and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows, artifacts, and transform them into intuitive experiences.
Responsible for the creation, delivery and execution of best-in-class digital creative that represents our brand in a demonstrably superior and pleasingly different way. Maintain and provide ongoing design support for the maintenance of various enterprise digital properties, the creation of new digital experiences, and other digital communication vehicles.
This role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, with dependencies on other members of the marketing team, as well as customer experience, marketing operations, and information technology. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with change, a high-speed environment, and be interested in taking on more than just the core responsibilities.
40% of time - Digital Design
30% of time - Wireframe Development
20% of time - Design Documentation
5% of time - DAM Updates
5% of time - Travel
- Keep the end user at the center of the design process, ensuring what is produced provides value
- Create consistent content, interaction, and visual styles across a suite of digital products, making it easier for user to engage
- Maintain pace with new design and technology trends, and understand when it is appropriate to apply new techniques to create a stronger user experience
- Strong understanding of how to express a design consistently and appropriately across browsers and devices
- Executes all visual design stages from concept to development
- Conceptualizing original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design idea
- Ability to balance workload supporting at least 5 teams.
This individual will take business needs and translate them into visual interactions that drive engagement and creates intuitive user flow on our digital vehicles. The position requires that this individual translate user and functional requirements into graphical/visual interactive experience(s) that activates the user to achieve a specific goal(s). Specifically – they turn information and direction into a visual experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, in Digital Design, Graphic Design or similar
- 3-5 years of experience with user interface and/or user experience design
- A thorough understanding of visual design, hierarchy, information architecture, interaction models, and user experience
- Expert level proficiency with commonly-used design tools (Adobe CS, Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum software development environment
- Demonstrated design experience across email, web, social, and/or other digital channels
- Experience with online marketing platforms like Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Marketing Platform is a plus
- Proficiency in HTML, and CSS is a strong plus
- Team member should be a good communicator, effective multi-tasker, have a solid work ethic and be passionate about their work
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment
- Ability to manage various projects at once in an ever-changing environment, while working well with and inspiring cross-functional teams
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.