Saint-Gobain

Reference : USA02452

Remote OSI System Technician

  • Information Systems
  • United States Remote
  • Permanent / Regular
  • Posting date : 06/20/2022

Position description

Remote OSI System Technician

Location: Remote

 

Job Summary

  • On-Site Infrastructure Systems Technician maintains the server and infrastructure in all North America and Canada by tracking infrastructure activity, performing upgrades of OS software, maintaining server hardware, addressing technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system functions. Infrastructure Systems Technician are tasked with ensuring all DSI guidelines and security doctrine are in compliance and reporting on global objectives around OSI. On-Site Infrastructure Systems Technician are responsible for managing business/customer needs and expectations and working closely with the business on infrastructure project.

 

#1 “This Job Matters”

What’s the job?

  • Day to day activities will include server operations, system development projects, capacity planning, customer relations, and technical documentation.
  • This position must provide support to all businesses within the U.S. and Canada while managing a large group of virtual employees while maintaining consistent support and service.
  • An estimated 20% travel will be involved. Visits to other plants within North America.  Working hours are normal business hours but will require occasionally working outside of those hours.
  • This is a remote position that is responsible for all location in the US and Canada. Any interruption in service can have a dramatic impact on our ability to service our internal or external customers.  The candidate will also have access to extremely confidential information via the computer systems and PC’s that they have access to.  It is important that these persons are aware of and adhere to the anti-snooping policy that has been set down by the corporation.  They are responsible to monitor and assist in developing our most important asset – our people.

 

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS

Required Qualifications

 

#2 “Your Skills Matter”

What do you bring?

.

  • Required education level – High School Degree, Four-year university degree or college diploma in the field of computer science or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience. Work experience consists of managing and configuring enterprise infrastructure solutions and equipment.

 

 

  • Skills and attributes that are essential for this position are strong communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations. The OSI System Tech will need to be able to solve various software and equipment failure problems.  75% of the problems will be standard IT problems that occur in other industries.  The remaining 25% of the problems are specific to Saint Gobain and will require unique solutions.
  • The incumbent will have responsibilities to analyze and resolve problems related to On Site Infrastructure and Industrial Infrastructure. These problems will be reported through the user service desk or will be identified by the incumbent.  The position will require specific training and knowledge to enable cause/effect analysis and ample know-how for the incumbent to resolve the problem independently or contact the proper resource to assure a timely resolution.
  • Key technologies include Microsoft Server Operating Systems, VMWare, Server hardware support and configuration.

 

 

Who are we ?

Additional Information

 

“You Matter to Us”

What are our perks?

We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:

  • Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
  • Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
  • Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
  • Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
  • Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
  • Employee Recognition Programs
  • PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
  • LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle

 

 

Company Summary

 

“What We Do Matters”

Why work for us?

At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.

 

 

 

 

 

Legal Statement

Top employer 2022