Reference : 579135
IT Senior Systems Engineer (Ignition) - Digital Manufacturing
- Information Systems
- Posting date : 06/29/2020
- Information Systems
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/29/2020
As part of CertainTeed IT’s Digital Manufacturing Program, this position will help serve projects relating to Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance within the 65+ manufacturing sites throughout North America. This position will be based in our North America headquarters in Malvern, PA, reporting to the IT Director, Digital Manufacturing.
The positon serves as an engineering expert in systems/functions relating to MES, Scada, PLC, Sensors, Historians and Data Tagging, with a heavy emphasis on the Ignition platform, while helping set companywide standards and providing effective communication.
Support and help lead the implementation of department projects
- Gathers requirements, defines and documents business processes/procedures using workflow modeling techniques, and standardized documentation templates
- Builds/Develops screens/apps relating to the various digital manufacturing tools in use by using programming skills in the areas of C, Java, and Python scripting.
- Supports the change readiness to adopt process initiatives
- Consults with individual and cross-functional teams on system requirements, design, cost/benefit analysis and implementation approach
- Supports the discovery, review, and alignment of initiatives to strategic objectives through the prioritization process
- Develops and maintains deep understanding of business priorities
- Partnering with cross-functional teams, executes plans to achieve objectives while assessing and mitigating risks and issues to ensure successful delivery of programs/projects
- Manages concurrent project schedules and assists with capital request preparation
Business Process Expertise and Best Practices
- Provides subject matter expertise and drives the design and application business process and system integration
- Promotes process integration as well as identification and understanding of key areas of change impact
- Develops (and/or supports the development of) presentations that deliver succinct/concise recommendations to management team, and provides supporting rationale and justifications
- Ensures the integrity and consistency of the design and governance of the Business Process competencies
- Promotes process optimization in processes and tools. Use Continuous Improvement capabilities (Six Sigma, Lean, MES, and validation tools coupled with ERP SAP, etc…)
Communicates & Trains
- Maintains permanent contact with local and central engineering and stays abreast of business challenges related to processes in these areas.
- Initiates and provides ad hoc training on new tools relating to engineering
- 10+ years’ experience in leading and managing IT projects, applications, or sub-teams, IT Project Management, IT Applications Support Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or engineering related discipline
- Strong business process expertise in Manufacturing, Quality and Plant Maintenance
- Ignition: Ignition capabilities and experience to include design, development and support
- Understanding and experience in the following areas is required: Plant Infrastructure- Flow of Machine Data, Manufacturing SCADA (or other PLC related systems, MES applications, Ignition, Sepasoft, SQL, Python Scripting, Java programming, and C programming
- Strong understanding of IT security is required
- Experience in Remote Desktop Support via RDP and Terminal Servers. Wi-Fi experience, particularly with RF devices, is preferred
- Remote Desktop Support via RDP and Terminal Servers. Wi-Fi experience, particularly with RF devices
- Experience in vendor relations and negotiations for software development and application services.
- Experience managing contracts and budgets for functional area of responsibility.
- Creative approach to solving technical issues. Prior experience in implementing significant Information Technology projects.
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.