Reference : USA04692
Data Engineer Internship
- Information Systems
- United States , Pennsylvania , MALVERN
The Data Engineer will participate in supporting and developing data assets for CertainTeed Businesses working and collaborating with Business Intelligence, Data Engineering and Data Science teams.
The Data Engineer will design and develop the implementation of CertainTeed / Saint-Gobain Enterprise Information Management and Analytics platform, providing integrated, curated, and trusted data access across the enterprise and beyond, and facilitating consumption for business analytics.
This person applies interest of emerging and evolving information management technologies, including Big Data concepts, in storage and consumption of structured and unstructured data, internal and external data, persistent and transient data, as well as metadata. This role will also contribute to a diverse culture that creatively responds with integrated IT services to support the needs of the business.
- Conceptualize, design, and develop data integration, transformation and analytics solutions that provide semantically meaningful information to consumers, including internal and external business stakeholders, data visualization specialists and data scientists.
- Working with Architects, business stakeholders, Data Visualization Specialists and/or Data Scientists, determine semantic data access requirements, design/develop data access layers and data transformation and aggregation logic; technologies include RDBMS, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Cloud databases, Snowflake, ETL tools such as, Talend, Informatica, Azure Data Factory etc.
- Develops technical design of different data sourcing, transformation and aggregation logic, ETL mapping/specification documents.
- Leverages enterprise standard tools and platforms to develop data transformation and aggregation logic.
- Excel/analysis experience
- Knowledge of SQL scripting
- Experience with databases e.g. SQL Server, SQL Datawarehouse, Snowflake.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent command of English, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team oriented
- Results focused
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexible, but organized
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than three-and-a-half centuries, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs or playing a vital role in space exploration. Focusing on the intersection of people, innovation and purpose, Saint-Gobain helps to address the needs of today and the challenges of tomorrow – offering employees the opportunity to invent themselves and reshape the world.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.