Reference : USA07183
Sustainability Environmental Engineer
- United States , Texas , ENNIS
- Permanent / Regular
- Health, Safety and Environment
Why do we need you ?
What’s the job?
- Lead the site efforts toward achieving company Energy and Emissions Objectives (2030 Goals)
- Manage assigned environmental and sustainability projects
- Develop capital cost, design and installation plans for new equipment specifically environmental equipment. Recommend equipment replacement to improve operations & reduce costs.
- Secure required permits from governmental agencies for new equipment installations.
- Implementation of approved capital programs within budget and schedule plans.
- Manage the site Air Permit and other permits
- Assist with managing and disposal of the plant waste streams
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to continually improve the facilities environmental program
- Assess potential environmental risks and develop mitigation plans
- Identify root causes of environmental problems and propose appropriate actions plans.
- Coordinate with management to schedule periodic maintenance and upgrade activities to environmental control equipment.
- Monitors Federal, State and Local standards and regulations; recommends required new programs/elements to management and the Environmental Committee
- Maintain complete, clear and accurate documentations/reports for environmental activities at the facility
- Manage asbestos abatement plan and procedure
- Leads the Environmental Committee
- Evaluate data using standard statistical methods
- Coordinate plant environmental initiatives
- Must be able to interact with all levels of plant personnel as well as contractors; possess strong social skills
- Evaluates environmental impact of all projects and determines appropriate mitigation measures
- Investigate any environmental related incidents and ensure prompt corrective actions are implemented
Is this job for you ?
What do you bring?
- BS degree in Environmental, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or similar Engineering degree. At least 5 years’ experience of engineering in manufacturing environment.
- General knowledge of TCEQ regulations
- Knowledge of, or ability to understand operational excellence principles and tools, such as 5S, SMED, Kaizen, Six Sigma, and TPM.
- CAD or AutoCAD skills and or working knowledge of process engineering software.
- Ability to diagnose and prioritize opportunities in areas of savings, throughput improvement, and yield improvement.
- Must be able to design experiments and provide statistical analysis of those trials as to effectiveness.
- Familiarity with environmental licenses, permits and reporting (Air Quality Permit, Industrial Storm Water Permit, SPCC Plan)
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards
- Ability to effectively present information to employees at all levels of the organization
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations
- Must be able to effectively use Microsoft Office including Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to read, write, and perform mathematical computations at a level required for successful job performance
Come be a part of our bigger purpose to change the world!
A little more about us
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain/CertainTeed, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Being a worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction, Saint-Gobain/CertainTeed designs, manufactures and distributes materials and services for the construction and industrial markets. Its integrated solutions for the renovation of public and private buildings, light construction and the decarbonization of construction and industry are developed through a continuous innovation process and provide sustainability and performance. The Group’s commitment is guided by its purpose, “Making the World a Better Home”.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.