Reference : USA00809
Sr Director of Employee Experience
- Human Resources
- United States , Pennsylvania , MALVERN
- Posting date : 01/14/2022
- Human Resources
- United States MALVERN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/14/2022
Reporting into the SVP of Communications and Human Resources, The Sr Director of Employee Experience serves as an agent for change within the organization, driving the creation of a culture that values delivering unmatched employee experience, values diversity in all forms and champions inclusion. Creates, implements and manages Saint-Gobain North America (SGNA) employee experience strategy, diversity and inclusion strategy & goals, as well as employee mobility to foster a high-performance environment in which opportunity exists for all, and every employee feels, and is, welcome, valued and invested in. Initiates and leads efforts within the internal & external community to position SGNA as a leader in the application of best in class employee experience. It collaborates across HR functions to create consistent and positive experience for all SG prospective, current & retired employees. This role captures overall business culture focused on employee experience with high focus on management of employee lifecycle, diversity, equality & inclusion as well as promotion of employee national & international mobility.
- Develop Employee Experience strategy for SGNA Region, with specific focus on employee lifecycle analysis
- Oversee and ensure the successful design, implementation and management of DEI Strategies and Action Plans across Saint-Gobain North America
- Provide support and guidance to Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to empower and strengthen our internal communities
- Partner with the SVP of HR on Group initiatives with North America and Paris
- Recognize and respond to regional, and local cultural sensitives and conscious inclusion needs to design and deliver a North America plan
- Develop and plan annual DE&I Trainings and Events from ideation to execution, owning logistics including budgets and communications
- Partner with the Talent Management and Communications to support diversity outreach and talent pipelines in the community to increase the diversity of our employee team globally and continue to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and awareness
- In partnership with the senior leadership team drive accountability and governance for DEI
- Collaborate with Communications to drive and increase the visibility of our employee experience strategy ensuring a core and common approach across SGNA
- Identify non-traditional sources for diverse talent and build networks and relationships with key stakeholder in these sources
- Measure, track and analyze the effectiveness of employee experience enhancing initiatives, consistency of EX with additional focus on DEI initiatives to report on progress and identify opportunities for future areas of focus
- Manage Employee Experience team providing support to employees via phone, email & online channels (i.e. online chat)
- Continually review and track ROI and adjust as needed
- Maintain awareness and understanding of current legal/government regulatory and policy developments affecting diversity and inclusion
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Organizational Development, or related field required; Master’s Degree - preferred
- 12+ years’ experience leading EX and/or DEI efforts in a company and/or community
- Ability to influence and transform employee perceptions, attitudes, behaviors and engagement
- Ability to manage sensitive cultural situations with discretion and diplomacy
- Strong customer service mindset and drive towards providing service to employees as internal customers
- Business acumen; a strong understanding of business functions and ways in which EX contributes to strategy and growth
- Demonstrated success influencing key stakeholders, including senior executives
- People Analytics, Business Intelligence and analytical acumen
- Good Project Management skills, drive to deliver and implement strategies
- Understanding of different cultures with proven success in working in diverse international organizations.
- Must have a good understanding of human behavior (especially in the industrial sector), as well as business management, operations and strategy.
- This individual must be able to evaluate the needs of an organization and create, implement and lead development programs that develop needed capabilities. Must be good communicator and effective leader with strong interpersonal and team-building skills. This individual should also be able to set and carry out goals, work well during times of transition and be able to help others adjust to change. Strong analytical and relationship building skills and will be expected to develop an agenda for system-wide innovative organizational improvement.
TECHNICAL KNOW-HOW SKILLS
- Strong commercial awareness of the industries and markets
- Strong leadership, influencing, negotiation, and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of employee experience and its impact on companies bottom line
- Broad and deep knowledge regarding advocacy, equity, diversity and inclusion, and training and facilitation.
- Sensitivity and exposure to worldwide cultural nuances
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills… Must have a collaborative and collegial approach and a desire to seek input from others rather than a style of dictating change.
Who are we ?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.