Reference : USA00033
Employee Relations Investigator
- Human Resources
- United States , Pennsylvania , MALVERN
- Posting date : 11/24/2021
- Human Resources
- United States MALVERN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 11/24/2021
This Job Matters
What’s the job?
The Employee Relations (ER) Investigator will act as a key member of the legal and compliance teams and will review and investigate internal employee relations issues and concerns. The ER Investigator ensures that risks are identified, escalated, and managed as appropriate, and must be highly detailed oriented and possess strong judgment and communication skills. The Employee Relations Investigator will have significant interaction with Human Resources, Operations and other lines of Business Management, and must have appropriate professionalism around sensitive matters.
- Reviews and timely investigates all assigned employee complaints, concerns, disputes, claims of harassment, discrimination, and complaints of unfair treatment with priority given to the most egregious allegations.
- Summarizes investigation findings in written reports, makes determinations and recommends courses of action; submits recommendations to management, as appropriate; follows up and documents outcomes.
- Uses sound judgment to mitigate risk and weigh the importance and validity of information to form fact-based opinions.
- Conveys empathy, patience, discretion, and active listening skills when investigating and discussing sensitive issues.
- Works closely with a variety of stakeholders to effectively manage concerns and issues raised through investigations including assisting management with various employee relations issues including counseling, discipline, and performance improvement.
- Proactively identifies ways to prevent or reduce employee relations issues through the implementation of additional policies and procedures, training and communications.
- Thoroughly tracks investigations and disciplinary actions in centralized internal systems, including BKMS, and reports on trends.
- Follows best practices on documentation and maintains records as legally required.
- Prepares clear and concise periodic summaries for executive review and compliance committee, and reports to those teams as requested.
- Where trends identified, periodically performs training to sections of the business, as directed or required.
- Performs other related duties as needed or assigned.
- Travel required. Current estimate of 25 - 33%.
Your Skills Matter
What do you bring?
- Degree in Law, Human Resources, or related field, (or combination of education and experience) is required.
- Five years of experience in an Employee Relations or related role with focus on conducting internal investigations.
- Strong listening, interviewing, and counseling skills with the ability to effectively interact with all levels within an organization, as well as the ability to create and summarize detailed written reports.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and investigatory skills; ability to research information and objectively analyze data to arrive at valid conclusions, recommendations, and plans of action.
- High level of integrity and objectivity to ensure proper outcomes are obtained and ability to keep information confidential.
- Strong working knowledge of employment laws (both State and Federal) and regulations (for example, ADA, EEO, FMLA), as well as the ability to appropriately interpret and apply policies, laws and business practices when addressing employment matters.
You Matter to Us
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
What We Do Matters
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.