Reference : 588292
Human Resources Analyst
- Human Resources
- United States , Worcester , WORCESTER, MA
- Posting date : 10/25/2021
- Human Resources
- United States WORCESTER, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 10/25/2021
Reporting to the Director of HR and as a trusted partner to the HR NA team. The Human Resources Analyst responsible for managing certain day-to-day functions of the Abrasives, NA Human Resources systems. This includes central management and continuity of HR Analytics and HRIS data integrity; keeping the HR Internal Controls requirements a priority. The Human Resources Analyst will take a leadership role to ensure continuous improvement and maximum utilization and training thereof of HRIS systems such as People Soft, PeopleGroup, Microstrategy, ATS, Employee Resource Site, etc. Responsible areas will include; central coordination of end to end People Review process including talent management systems, Expatriate assignments, Open Enrollment, Central Payroll issues, PAR/MIP campaign process and HR Reporting (monthly, quarterly, annually, cyclical, as needed). She/he will monitor internal HR systems and databases and ensure proper application of codes and HRIS tables. She/he will work closely with the Sr. HR Business Partner, Abrasives, NA to design and oversee the HR operational programs, processes, and policies related to an employee life-cycle including employee onboarding, development, performance management, or engagement. The Human Resources Analyst is a key part of the HR management team and will assist in overseeing high-level HR duties, such as attracting talent and utilization of ATS including postings and analytics, setting hiring procedures and onboard training standards. She/he will also assist in analyzing and improving organizational processes and work to improve quality, productivity, and efficiency. She/he will recommend new software applications to address personnel needs, such as performance review tools, organization design, data management. She/he will resolve employees' inquiries of the company's HR policies and regulations compensation and labor regulations.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Human Resource Management; concentrated study in Human Resources or equivalent experience preferred.
- Expert skills in Human Resources Information System (HRIS) reporting and analysis
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced spreadsheet and presentation skills
- Demonstrates flexibility, adaptability and initiative by embracing and leading change initiatives. Considers impact of change to the organization and mitigates risks in advance
- Excellent analytical and decision-making and problem solving abilities
- Proven project management skills
- Ability to work within a deadline-driven and fast paced environment, often subject to last minute changes of direction and high pressure
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative, team driven environment and represent employee interests
- Demonstrates the ability to facilitate conversations, resolve conflicts, and provide excellent internal and external customer service exhibiting high emotional intelligence and active listening skills
Data Management & Reporting
- Prepare and provide frequent reports to the HRD; including weekly, month, semi-annually etc., of key KPI metrics and or flag concerns.
- Monitor key HR metrics.
- Complete HR related queries and requests.
- Create and maintain detailed reports on HR costs and assist with maintaining the annual budget
- Ensure compliant record retention.
- Conduct audits and determine appropriate corrective action plans following root cause analysis, including application of HR policies and processes to ensure consistency.
- Follow organizational changes to ensure we have well documented and up-to-date organizational charts.
- Provide leadership in the administration of HRM systems/programs and escalates issues. Implement and administer various human resources programs and processes. Manage maintenance/update of records, procedures and practices. Drive the coordination of HR programs that have a significant impact on strategic business objectives. Ensure results achieved by creative problem solving and process improvements. File employment and training documents. Maintain physical employee records and update HRIS data.
- Execute annual people plan, in-line with business priorities, goals and initiatives. Facilitate change management with-in SBU(s) or function(s) and help local managers meet and exceed people objectives for their area or function. Manages all aspects of People Review process including talent management supporting HR and Business Leaders. Responsibilities included maintenance and record keeping of (but not limited to):
- employee development
- leadership development
- building and strengthening the internal talent pipeline
- manage annual talent review process
- Design action plans following root cause analysis of process issues and provide advice on resolution.
Compliance & ICRF
- Ensures compliance with local, state and federal laws as well as internal controls with regard to employee records.
- Using HR experience, demonstrate working knowledge and application thereof of HR practices including laws, benefits, strategic initiatives, international employee assignments, HRIS and applies policies, procedures.
- Provide direct guidance to client group leaders and employees seeking expert advice on a variety of situations or circumstances.
- Will schedule and coordinate interviews, trainings, meetings, events, etc.
Process Improvement /Problem Solving
- The role requires high level of understanding of operating in matrix organization as well as it’s issues and the various perspectives at play. Consistent exercise of independent judgment guided by good understanding of business strategy is essential.
- Analyze inefficiencies within HR processes and provide process improvement solutions on all HRIS related subjects, in conjunction with HRD and HR Strategic Leaders. Responsible for the execution of the critical processes relating to, HRIS, Compensation, policies, procedures and recognition. Be aligned across the strategic business unit and HR function and deliver solutions to meet managers' and employees' needs while ensuring compliance with regulations and policies. Understand the business environment, strategy and people implications.
- Leverage the use of tools / knowledge / informational sources to identify business trends and ensure appropriate solutions are in place to support the business.
• Ability to problem solve, pull together a training plan, provide alternative solutions
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the US. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.