Reference : 563169
Senior Human Resources Generalist
- Human Resources
- United States Worcester
- Posting date : 12/04/2018
- Human Resources
- United States WORCESTER, MA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 12/04/2018
In this Sr. HR Generalist role, the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day HR Functions, serving as a resource to both employees and management in an effort to support the achievement of business goals. As a member of the Abrasives HR team in Worcester the individual will work as an HR Generalist within a manufacturing site employing over 800 employees. This position is responsible for managing day-to-day Human Resources Functions including: employee relations, recruiting and selection, HR Compliance, on-boarding, recordkeeping, training and development, compensation and performance management. In addition, the person will deliver on human resources projects in support of ongoing business culture changes.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or a related subject matter.
- A minimum of 4 years of Human Resources Generalist manufacturing experience is preferred.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Practiced knowledge of Human Resources processes and policies, external best practice and legal compliance.
- Proven ability to provide concise, articulate and insightful analysis in written and verbal form, as well as translate into effective presentations.
- Strong analytical skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience with HRIS/Applicant Tracking/Time & Attendance databases is necessary.
- Self-motivated and someone who is sought out for their opinion and advice and who can forge and maintain close relationships across all constituencies.
- Proactively seek employee engagement in a workplace setting.
- Demonstrated ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various assigned projects.
- Must be able to prioritize work to meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions.
- Create and sustain key relationships quickly and maximize resources to effectively achieve goals.
- Incumbent will possess a high energy level and positive outlook.
- Provide HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to assigned client groups.
- Coach functional leadership in assigned client groups on issues including application of HR policies and processes, restructuring, and employee issues to ensure consistency.
- Support location in organizing training and maintenance of training records per Saint-Gobain requirements.
- Responsible for managing and participating in all aspects of recruitment, onboarding and personnel management for site employees within assigned client group.
- Play key role supporting the local leadership team to deliver results through effective project and change management and facilitation of both.
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Develop external relationships to improve existing HR practices (i.e., pipelines for hiring, best practices, etc.)
- Implement creative/innovative initiatives to improve HR practices relative to employee engagement, business controls and data collection/analysis.
- Serve as an advocate for SG Benefits and Employee Wellness Programs.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data for trends and make recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Attend periodic meetings with Supervisors/Managers to offer HR guidance as needed.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets around the world. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.