Reference : USA00091
Human Resources Manager
- Human Resources
- United States , Massachusetts , TAUNTON
- Posting date : 12/21/2021
- Human Resources
- United States TAUNTON
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/21/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
This position is responsible to manage the Human Resource plant function and is a member of the plant leadership team. The Human Resources Manager will manage all human resource, organizational development, health and worker’s compensation, benefits and training functions for a 100 person manufacturing facility. Will develop and facilitate the implementation of a plan designed to move the manufacturing plant toward world-class stature in employee engagement and human resource processes. This effort includes organizational assessment and diagnosis, development and training, employee involvement, team development, and group facilitation. Will coach managers and employees to achieve the communication practices that cultivate a world class safety environment and an excellent employee experience. Will oversee compensation & benefits administration, communications, and will manage 3rd provider relations and local contracts. Will coach employees and leaders to cultivate a culture that reflects Saint Gobain’s principles of conduct and action, attitudes and the Life Sciences collaborative/teams based culture expected. Will collaborate with Life Sciences Central HR team to disseminate/implement relevant HR practices, policies and procedures.
• Leads the plants World Class Manufacturing People Development Continuous Improvement Program and pillar team
• Conducts strategic workforce planning, organizational assessments and succession planning with leadership steering committee
• Identifies internal and external resources to address gaps in skills and capabilities needed for the effective and efficient operation of the plant
• Ensures compliance for traceability of required training
• Facilitates a variety of developmental and compliance training
• Facilitates annual succession planning and people development reviews ensuring progress on employee development plans
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field is required.
• 10+ years in Human Resources is required.
• Experience in Manufacturing
• Experience in Coaching/Counseling/Conflict Resolution
• Ability to Influence without authority
• Digital competency/HRIS/Microsoft Suite
• Good understanding of workforce planning, labor market assessments and HR analytics
Licenses and Certifications
• PHR or SPHR is preferred.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.