Reference : 586646
- Human Resources
- United States , Gaithersburg , Gaithersburg
- Posting date : 06/16/2021
- Human Resources
- United States Gaithersburg
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/16/2021
The HR Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the implementation and administration of a wide range of Human Resources initiatives for the site, including, but not limited to: recruitment, on-boarding, payroll, benefits, compliance, HR metrics, reporting, employee relations, training and development, and employee engagement. Ensure site’s adherence to Company policies, procedures and best practices. Support continuous improvements and operational excellence through ensuring that HR processes are as efficient and effective as possible. Demonstrate a high level of integrity, quality, confidentiality, adaptability and agility.
The Gaithersburg, Maryland site is a custom manufacturer for the biopharmaceutical and cell therapy industries and is an ISO 13485 site and registered with the FDA.
- Coordinate and perform general administrative tasks for HR function.
- Field general HR related queries and requests.
- Process hourly payroll on a weekly basis and on and off-cycle payroll transactions for both salary and hourly payroll.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews, trainings, meetings, events, etc.
- Ensure timely processing of personnel changes and HRIS data entry for site (and other sites as necessary).
- File employment and training documents. Maintain physical employee records and update HRIS data.
- Assist with HR reporting, metrics, compliance, and deployment of HR projects, programs, initiatives for the site.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment, work with temporary staffing vendors, and collaborate with site management in the selection of talent.
- Determine recruiting/sourcing strategy, build candidate pipeline, schedule and conduct phone screens, virtual/in-person interviews, moderate candidate debrief meetings, maintain and update ATS, track and communicate status updates to candidates and hiring managers, create and extend offers, and drive pre-employment activities and ensure completion of on-boarding process.
- Coordinate and facilitate new employee orientation and training.
- Assist with employee off-boarding.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the site’s training program.
- Support the development, implementation, coordination and maintenance of employee engagement, diversity & inclusion, and wellness programs for the site.
- Participate in site’s 5S and safety programs and requirements.
- Adhere to site’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Contribute to site’s operational excellence and participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- 3-5 years of HR experience with High School diploma or equivalent or at least 1 year of relevant HR work experience including internships/co-ops with a Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related field.
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, Visio, etc.)
- HRIS/HRMS and ATS
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple priorities, and high-level of initiative and motivation, ability to meet deadlines/commitments with limited direct supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.