Reference : USA00337
Human Resource Director - Siding Products Group and Exterior Products Sales
- Human Resources
- United States , Pennsylvania , MALVERN
- Posting date : 12/15/2021
- Human Resources
- United States MALVERN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 12/15/2021
Incumbent leads the HR function for the Siding Products Group and the Exterior Products Sales team. Incumbent is also accountable for driving organizational performance and business results by optimizing and growing the capability of the workforce, developing talent and robust succession planning at all levels of the organization. Incumbent also provides recommendation and implementation of Human Resource strategic and tactical plans to support the achievement of business goals and obtain high levels of employee engagement and performance.
As a member of the Saint-Gobain HR Committee, incumbent provides ongoing input and feedback regarding HR strategy and policy development for Saint-Gobain’s North American Operations. Maintain strong relationship with the Saint-Gobain North America Human Resource Leadership to ensure accurate flow of information and proper implementation of Group & Region programs and agendas within North America.
Helps champion a diverse, open, inclusive and engaging workplace. Also, develops, implements and coordinates the total Human Resource effort to achieve a safe, efficient work environment, which fosters high level commitment and ensure that cost effective Human Resource programs are maintained in full compliance with federal, state and local standards.
- Lead a team of approximately 12 HR professionals at various levels (direct/indirect)
- Translate the Business strategy into a HR strategy focusing on high added value initiatives and in full alignment with the CertainTeed business and HR strategy
- Provide coaching, counseling, and advise to members of the management team, supervisors, and individual contributors throughout the organization on matters of change management, performance, careers, HR policies and practices and related topics.
- Drive all facets of the integrated talent process including the recruitment and selection of top talent people for key positions, as well as the coaching and development of high potential individuals in the organization.
- Partner with SGNA HR and other businesses to secure key positions with high quality successors through thorough succession planning, talent moves across SG Businesses in NA.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the leadership development and training initiatives.
- Manage compensation processes and internal/external equity.
- Participate in the development and implementation of CertainTeed Strategy initiatives and projects and drive implementation in the SPG business.
- Lead or assist special projects as they arise from businesses
- Bachelor’s Degree. Advanced degree preferred
- 10-15 years of extensive HR management experience with 10 years of progressive HR roles.
- Manufacturing experience required and union experience preferred
- Headquarters and multi-location experience
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation and facilitation)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate, influence, negotiate and resolve conflicts. Ability to coach managers and employees, and work within a team-based environment
- Sound business acumen and the ability to establish credibility, trust and partnership at all levels within an organization
- Strong analytical and decision making skills required
- Must be results oriented, customer-focused and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently while working effectively as part of a team required
- Exercise good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
This position requires a seasoned generalist with deep HR technical expertise.
The incumbent needs to build and maintain influential relationships with all assigned business and functional support management teams. Incumbent must be capable of supporting and responding to the needs of a diverse population. In addition, the position requires a high level of leadership, the ability to manage large and geographically scattered organizations and the willingness to deal with and support rapid change. The incumbent needs to be able to relate to a wide range of employees from hourly to senior executive level. A crucial attribute is personal efficiency and effectiveness in managing the daily tactical task load, while maintaining a firm grasp on the strategic objectives of developing the abilities of our employees and the strength of the organization.
The utmost personal integrity, strength of character and energy are givens.
The position is based in Malvern, PA. Moderate travel required is approximately 25%.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com.
At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.