Reference : USA04886
Plant Human Resources Manager (On Site)
- Human Resources
- United States , Kansas , KANSAS CITY
- Permanent / Regular
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while making the world a more beautiful and sustainable home.
What's the Job?
PLANT HR MANAGER
Accountable for the identification of HR needs for a 200-person continuous process manufacturing operation in Kansas City, KS, and the development, implementation, and of programs to meet identified needs. Leverage the assistance of staff specialists to develop/implement technical programs and administers existing corporate/divisional programs.
Requires a high level of problem-solving encountered strategy and programs to meet HR needs for the site and strategy with Corporate/Group/Division goals.
Skills You Need:
Employee/Labor Relations – Educating leaders on requirements, company policies, and guidelines. Fosters positive relationships to promote a positive working environment and employee engagement.
Recruiting – Partners with Plant Leadership to staff to present/forecast staffing needs. Oversees recruiting activities to include vetting candidates, coordinating/participating in site interviews, and integrating new employees through orientation/onboarding activities
Organizational/People Development – Partners with Plant Manager to identify/address organizational needs through assessment, development and training, team development, coaching, and ongoing communication strategies. Advise and counsel Managers and Supervisors on performance management.
Compliance – Implements/communicates Company policy to ensure compliance with Company/federal/state and local standards. Site representative for employee legal issues (excluding EHS). Handles workplace issues/follow-up/investigations as required.
Benefits Administration – Works with Corporate to address benefits issues relating to the site (Medical/Wellness/Life-Disability/401K/Pension). Works with Corporate to implement/notify the site of benefits changes.
Wage and Salary – Oversees the site's performance and wage review process. Conducts wage surveys as required to evaluate possible pay equity issues. Works with HR Director to evaluate wage scales conducive to job requirements. Partners with the site to ensure that site job descriptions are current and are correctly banded to reflect proper pay grades.
This position reports to the Human Resources Director.
What do you bring?
- BS/BA in Human Resources Management/ Business Administration, Organization Development, or related field.
- 7 -10 years of experience in HR management within a manufacturing setting.
- Five plus years of experience supporting employment labor relations is required.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification required.
- Flexible, open-minded team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving capabilities to work effectively in a manufacturing team environment.
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options include, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
Who are we?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.