Reference : 587869
- General Management
- United States , Anaheim , ANAHEIM, CA
- Posting date : 09/23/2021
- General Management
- United States ANAHEIM, CA
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 09/23/2021
Excellent developmental opportunity to transition into a Plant Management position. The Surface Conditioning business is seeking a strategic and highly motivated individual to fill this role. Looking for someone experienced in exceeding KPIs to provide outstanding leadership to managers and develop a clear vision for the team. The successful candidate will provide effective plant management to manufacture highly technical Surface Conditioning products while meeting business & customer expectations for HSE, quality, cost, productivity, service, and working capital.
Principal End Results:
- Manufacturing – Manage key aspects of plant operations to ensure on-time delivery of quality products while minimizing cost, inventory and waste. Implement programs, including WCM, for continuous improvement of customer service, product quality, process yield, reduction of variable & fixed costs, & minimization of inventory.
- Financials – Manage key plant financials, i.e., budgets, purchasing, capital etc., to meet/exceed business defined targets. Prepare appropriate operational information needed to complete strategic plans & budgets.
- HSE – Proactively implement & maintain programs to ensure that the plant meet/exceed Company expectations for Health, Safety, & Environment.
- Human Resources – Manage plant personnel to ensure head count rationalization, training, performance evaluations, job descriptions, compensation, etc. Properly motivate plant employees to promote a positive working environment of engaged employees.
- Administrative – Prepare manufacturing reports and analysis required for reporting & completion of financial results, strategic plans & budgets.
Nature and Scope:
The incumbent manages all aspects of the Anaheim site to meet/exceed operational & financial targets set forth by the GM. The incumbent plans & supervises daily production to ensure product quality, customer service, and safety. The incumbent is expected to manage the production of highly technical products for demanding customer applications. S/he also interacts with other functions within the business, i.e., sales, customer service, purchasing, etc., to ensure production plans meet the needs of the business & customers. S/he is also expected to interact with vendors as well as customers as the need arises.
The incumbent manages plant financials such as variable & fixed budgets, capital, inventory, etc., to ensure that the plant meet/exceed targets set forth by the GM. The incumbent is also responsible for preparation of information required by the business to complete monthly financials, strategic plans, and budgets. Types of financial information required include but not limited to variable & fixed manufacturing variances, inventory, and capital spending.
The incumbent devises, implements, and manages operational improvement programs. Examples of improvement programs include but not limited to, HSE, quality assurance, process improvement, cost reduction, yield improvement, World Class Manufacturing, Digital & Automation and inventory management.
The incumbent assists in the development of new products for future growth. S/he facilitates scale-up tests and ultimate transfer from R&D to production.
This position requires a strong knowledge of manufacturing management. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also required. A technical degree and 5-10 years of experience in manufacturing management is preferred. Experience managing people and teams is required.
Who are we ?
With over 60,000 employees working across 46 countries, Saint-Gobain’s Innovative Materials Sector boasts a unique and profitable portfolio of high-tech and high value-added solutions for housing and construction, mobility, healthcare and industry.
A true technology bridgehead for the Saint-Gobain Group, the Innovative Materials Sector is supported by 3 powerful growth drivers: innovation, co-development and research.
In the field of High Performance Materials, it proposes a comprehensive range of innovative technologies targeting the housing and construction market, transport, industry and healthcare, and combined into four families of materials: ceramics, polymers, abrasives and technical fabrics. Flat Glass is a world leader in manufacturing, processing and selling glass products for the construction and transportation sector (including the automotive industry).
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.