Reference : 586585
Global Manufacturing Project Manager - Expansions, CapEx, Green Field, IT.
- General Management
- United States , Beaverton , BEAVERTON, M
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
- General Management
- United States BEAVERTON, M
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/11/2021
If you want to reshape the world and discover your greatest potential, Saint-Gobain provides one-of-a-kind opportunities for innovative problem solvers.
We're one of only two companies in the world that is consistently recognized as both a top Global Employer and a Top 100 Global Innovator, but Saint-Gobain's remarkable story and culture of innovation begins with a team of nearly 200,000 creative, diverse and passionate team members collaborating across the globe. We are committed to our mission to improve lives because, every day, we witness the enormous impact of our efforts on the world around us.
As the Life Science Project Manager you will excel in leading and supporting business wide strategic projects within the Life Science (LS) US organization.
In a highly agile and empowered environment, you will both manage key projects and ensure that success of other projects across the organization. Our external and internal customers rely on timely and efficient project planning, execution and status reports.
As Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. This role provides a single point of accountability for all aspects of assigned projects and the project management system used in the LS OPS organization.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Hands on Project Management of assigned key project.
- Train others in best practices within project/program management & prepare for succession planning.
- Providing guidance & support to other project managers to be successful in leading their assigned projects.
- Active leadership and organizational insight in post project phases and to define the project business cases (DAC phase), Project Justification, etc.
- Assists in the review and implementation of project mgt. standards for the Operations (OPS) organization and cooperative alignment of the standards with other LS departments, Application Eng., R+D, and Operational R+D (MT&I)
- Leverage & grow the LS OPS organization in Project Management
- Participates in the Innovation pillar format, which involves experts from different sites supporting on the journey
- Seek, adjust and integrate modern Project Management approaches like scrum or other agile approaches, methods and principles to support our project management needs in the fast changing VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity and Ambiguity). Also utilizing & standardizing the available Saint-Gobain internal PM systems i.e. EEM (Early Equipment Management) the
- Explore, standardize, and integrate project management systems
- Share best practices with other LS department, other Saint-Gobain business units and outside Saint-Gobain.
In Life Science Operation the following types of projects may need different project management approaches, methods and systems. For all of these different project types, Saint-Gobain's quality validation standards (IQ, OQ, PQ), especially for machine and equipment projects, need to be integrated.
- Greenfield and plant expansions; clean room projects
- Key machine & equipment investments (CAPEX Projects) >$250k or highly crucial for business success or reduction of risk
- Organization development projects i.e. implementation of value streams, Focus factories
- IT Software implementation Projects
- Application Engineering project (New Product Introduction)
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables in collaboration with Sr. Managers, project sponsor and other stakeholders
- Depending on size of project prepare and hold defined project Start up workshop to establish, timeline, work packages, resource needs and project team alignment and commitment.
- Assign clear role and responsibility to the team
- Drive, develop, or assist teams within maintaining focus on project success throughout the delivery cycle.
- Effectively communicate expectations to project team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion, continuously manage objectives, and hold project team members accountable for delivery.
- Lead the project execution and delivery and help project teams maintain an overall project vision & Scope with supporting project plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, critical path items, and project risks.
- Support formulation and implementation of project management standards. Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Advocate best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Support formulation and implementation of project management and EEM processes.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential roadblocks, and devise contingency plans.
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders. Develop and deliver progress reports with transparency to management and other stakeholder including issue/action item logs, project status, and risks.
- Conduct post-project reviews and make recommendations for continuous excellence in project execution and delivery.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
In order to be successful for the job, the project manager needs to be a quick learner to deliver significant results, and be an excellent communicator with different functions and levels in the organization to collect all the required input and drive the team to the best possible outcomes. The role owner should also be open minded, open to discussion to hear different opinions and be able to propose the best solutions.
The ability to explore new PM approaches and system, adapt, and communicate them and integrate them in our day to day project management is key.
Bachelor's Degree - Industrial, Process, or Mechanical Engrineering; Project Management; Organizational Development Or Related Area; Required.
Master's Degree - Industrial, Process, or Mechanical Engrineering; Project Management; Organizational Development Or Related Area; Preferred.
7+ years of experience in project management experience in a complex, matrixed, or multi-business environment. with cross functional teams. 7+ years’ experience in expansions, Greenfields, machine CAPEX; Required.
3+ years of experience in the use and application of modern agile project management approaches like scrum or design thinking, including the application of an industrial framework; Preferred.
5+ years of application of CIP methods, tools and approached in a manufacturing environment; Preferred.
3+ years in multi-site system role-out; Preferred.
3+ years leading project in control environments like BioPharma, Medical or similar and being able to apply validation standards to projects; Preferred.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain’s innovations touch almost every major industry around the world. Within its Life Sciences division, teams are solving critical problems for customers who are getting life-saving medical devices to the frontlines of healthcare, discovering essential medications, and nourishing and connecting the world through consumer, industrial and electronics applications. As one of the world’s leading producers of high-performance polymer products, we improve lives by making simple experiences better and being there in life’s critical moments.
Our team members recognize that we all create the environment for people to succeed, with a culture built on respect, open and honest communication, and honoring our commitments to our customers and each other. And at the heart of our culture, we’ve learned working together makes good ideas, great ones.
With a legacy dating back more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain offers employees the stability and security of a leading Global 500 corporation while operating like multiple small and agile start-ups, where entrepreneurial spirit, pioneering teamwork, and bold, forward-thinking ideas pave new paths.
Every team member is encouraged to develop and leverage their unique expertise and strengths to make the greatest impact on the company and our end users. At Saint-Gobain, you’re empowered and equipped with countless opportunities and resources for professional development. You will find the support you need to create a vision and roadmap for your career, and make that vision a reality.
Invent yourself at Saint-Gobain Life Sciences; and together, we’ll create a better life.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.