Reference : 569398
Plant & Operations Management
- General Management
- Posting date : 06/12/2019
- General Management
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 06/12/2019
If you are wanting to Invent Yourself, Reshape the World, and Explore new possibilities with Saint-Gobain, please review the following general job description for the Plant & Operations Management function*.
In preparation for our growth ahead, we would like to start learning about your interests for future opportunities with Saint-Gobain High Performance Solutions – Life Sciences, Composites & Mobility.
If you are interested within the area of Plant & Operations Management, please apply to this general job profile, and include a cover letter referencing the position level and geography of interest.
Please email your questions to SGPPL.TalentAcquisition@saint-gobain.com .
Plant & Operations Management (POM) is responsible for leading all aspects of continuous improvement for the assigned plant location(s) and/or the multi-product operations that services Saint-Gobain’s High Performance Solutions business sectors - Life Sciences, Composites& Mobility and/or Process Systems business units. POM holds the leading responsibility for the plant facilities and its operation, including Production, Engineering, Materials Management, World Class Manufacturing (WCM), Finance, Quality, Human Resources and HSE functions report directly to the manager.
POM is responsible for managing the manufacturing facilities to achieve operations goals and objectives regarding plant safety, profitability, capital investment, cost reduction programs, operations planning, and maintaining employee engagement and a positive employee relations culture.
Planning and Operations: Manage, direct and coordinate all operations directly related to production and shipment of all products produced by the facilities: Materials Management, Manufacturing and Manufacturing Systems, Facilities Engineering/Maintenance, Quality Assurance, Shipping and Receiving, Process Engineering, Purchasing. Manage, direct and coordinate Plant staff (Human Resources and Finance) functions. Prepare operational plans and budgets, and report to appropriate Management on actual performance vs. those plans.
Personnel Development: Design and administer effective Human Resources programs to equip employees to achieve business goals and to foster career development and organizational succession plans. Staff all above functions, as appropriate to the most effective achievement of operational goals and objectives. Establish a succession plan within the facilities for key positions for plant operations.
Technology Leadership: Identify inefficiencies in plant operations and drive systematic cost improvement and state-of-the-art processing through WCM program. Prepare and submit CAPEX projects to support the efficiency improvements
Safety and Communications: Ensure that the facilities are operating safely and in full environmental compliance. Serve as principal facility communications liaison with other FLS, Company, and external contacts.
(*Ongoing reference within Job Function: This Job Description provides an overview of the general responsibilities for the HR Manager job family within Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics. Candidates who submit their profiles will account for their general interest and desire to learn more about Saint-Gobain and potential career opportunities. We therefore encourage talent to regularly review and formally apply to all related requisitions as pertaining to their specific career interests & desired location.)
- Bachelor's degree- Preferably in materials, manufacturing, chemical or mechanical engineering. REQUIRED
- Masters degree- Business or technical related field. PREFERRED
- Operations experience in a manufacturing environment. REQUIRED
- Excellent communication and proven team building skills. Must possess strong leadership skills and be a hand-on leader to continually build effective relationships, drive accountability, challenge assumptions and provide support and resources for improvements in all aspects of the manufacturing process.
- Safety oriented management style developed in a manufacturing environment.
- A proven ability to foster and establish effective working relationships with management team, employees, and key corporate contacts will be critical to facilitating changes necessary to support overall process improvements.
- High comprehension of P&L, cost accounting, cash flow, capital management, budgeting, and other financial concepts routinely used in planning and measuring plant performance.
- Knowledge of materials and inventory control practices, production scheduling, and engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrate honesty and high integrity consistently to build respect and trust.
- Inspire others via value-based behavior. Achieved by purposeful, powerful, meaningful, and passionate communication. Demonstrate exceptional listening skills
- Motivate Other People through inclusion in the business mission. Encourage and develop individuals to perform at their highest level.
Communicating and Influencing Skills:
POM interacts with employees from various organizational levels and all internal functional areas. A high level of interaction with customer and vendor engineering and purchasing teams are similarly structured.
Balance the needs of the organization in a complex, high growth and often ambiguous context
Implement new, emerging technologies that will improve competitive advantage and value proposition to customers.
Identify gaps and solve problems in the organization related to the execution of plant operational activities.
- Merrimack, NH
- Ravenna, OH
- Puyallup, WA
- Hoosick Falls, NY
- Granville, NY
- Traverse City, MI
- Taunton, MA
- Portage, WI
- Poestenkill, NY
- Akron, OH
- Bridgewater, NJ
- Mickleton, NJ
- Gaithersburg, MD
- Clearwater, FL
- Beaverton, MI
- Worcester, MA
- San Diego, CA
- Oceanside, CA
- Bristol, RI
- Garden Grove, CA
- Wayne, NJ
- Solon, OH
- Cleveland, OH
- Orange, CT
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.