Reference : USA02520
Quality & Process Control Manager
- United States , Pennsylvania , QUAKERTOWN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/23/2023
- United States QUAKERTOWN
- Permanent / Regular
- Posting date : 01/23/2023
#1 “This Job Matters”
What’s the job?
Process Engineering 50%
- Responsible for managing the Process Engineering function at the facility.
- Responsible for Operational Excellence through efficient and effective process controls and process design.
- Develop & administer process and product validation activities to ensure outputs meet requirements.
- Lead the design and implementation of sustained processes and improvements for new and existing products, including documentation, visual management and training.
- Maintain technical competence and keep informed on new developments in materials, process technology, and product applications to assure the most appropriate methods and materials are used.
- Lead efforts to troubleshoot processing issues, and implement control & reaction procedures for operators.
- Direct the planning and execution of experiments on current production processes and implement engineering improvements to optimize process windows.
- Manage data collection, analysis, prioritization and presentation of results/recommendations for improvements to leadership team and R&D.
- Identify and Deliver cost reduction initiatives.
- Lead efforts to assure Process Standardization to minimize variation.
Quality Assurance 50%
- Responsible for managing the Quality Assurance function and staff at the facility.
- Lead the design and implementation of the quality management system at the facility to ensure compliance to regulatory and organizational standards.
- Proactively plan, control and assure product and process quality in accordance with established quality principles to eliminate potential sources of failure. This includes planning processes, material control, acceptance sampling and measurement systems.
- Collaborate with R&D, Manufacturing and Product Management to ensure quality standards are integrated into new products and processes so production performance and output meet the standards required.
- Lead the Change Management process at the facility to identify, prioritize and mitigate risks related to planned changes.
- Define and oversee raw material, product and process audits to ensure finished goods conform to specified requirements.
- Manage the development, maintenance and adherence to local standard work documentation, such as quality manuals, procedures and work instructions.
- Oversee and/or initiate the development of measurement tools that enable product and process evaluation.
Administer the verification/calibration process for all process monitoring and product inspection equipment.
#2 “Your Skills Matter”
What do you bring?
- Must possess the ability to; (1) understand new concepts quickly; (2) determine the appropriate approach; (3) organize, schedule and coordinate work; and (4) communicate results or progress effectively.
- Management experience in Quality Assurance or Process Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the concrete making process or equivalent education.
- Ability to identify & prioritize leading sources of process variation and implement sustainable solutions to achieve quality and process control objectives in a timely and orderly manner.
- Ability to communicate clear messages and make complex ideas easy to understand for everyone.
- Skilled in structured problem solving methods that identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Fundamental understanding of quality philosophies, principles, systems, methods, tools, standards, organizational and team dynamics, customer expectations and satisfaction, supplier relations and performance, leadership, training, interpersonal relationships, improvement systems and professional ethics.
- Demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of process control, data collection systems and data analysis.
- Basic understanding of the audit process including types of audits, planning, preparation, execution, reporting results and follow-up.
- Ability to develop and implement quality programs, including tracking, analyzing, reporting and problem solving.
- A thorough understanding of SPC, quality planning and quality improvement tools and techniques.
- Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt certification strongly preferred.
- Self-motivated and hands-on.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering with minimum 10 years of progressive Quality Assurance or Process Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment through permanent employment.
“You Matter to Us”
What are our perks?
We provide unique options to fit your unique lives! Our Total Rewards Program is customizable to accommodate your needs. Our menu of flexible options includes, but is not limited to:
- Excellent healthcare options: Medical, vision, prescription & dental
- Family Focus & Balance: Parental leave, paid time-off and Employee Assistance Program
- Financial Security: Competitive 401(k), Company-funded Retirement Accumulation Plan and Employee Stock Purchase Program (PEG)
- Tuition Reimbursement: Continuing education for every season of your career
- Pet Insurance options: Insurance plan & prescription discount program for your furry friends
- Employee Recognition Programs
- PerkSpot: Our exclusive one-stop online discount marketplace
- LiveWell: Rewarding you for living a healthy lifestyle
Who are we ?
“What We Do Matters”
Why work for us?
At Saint-Gobain, our employees have pride in belonging to an organization whose culture is made up of these core values: Trust, Empowerment, & Collaboration. Our company encourages diversity and inclusion in all its forms while our products make the world a more beautiful, safer, and sustainable home.
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.