Reference : 577385
Business Unit Controller, Bonded Abrasives
- Posting date : 03/12/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 03/12/2020
Background / Skills / Education:
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance additionally requires the skills associated with a Master's level Degree in finance and or manufacturing accounting.
- 6-10 years of financial experience equivalent to that of a Controller or a Financial Manager is required. The incumbent deals with most levels of personnel and must use both written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret financial reports, technical procedures, government regulations and professional journals. The incumbent must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence. He/She must have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions form management and corporate office personnel.
- The incumbent must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Serves as a key member of the Bonded Abrasives Leadership team. Fiduciary responsibility to manage the financial reporting and internal control functions of the Bonded Abrasives Worcester Manufacturing plants ensuring financial conditions are thoroughly analyzed to determine effective decision making for optimal financial performance.
Principal End Results
20% - Decision Making
Implement approved changes to facilitate the rapid and accurate analysis of financial information, trends, forecasting, etc. As a member of the Bonded Management Team, provides guidance and support to all functional areas as applicable including sales, inventory, human resources, production and plant management. Makes recommendations for improvements and/or changes to accounting and informational systems.
15% - Business Controls
Manage financial reporting requirements ensuring timely and accurate reporting. Implement procedures that will ensure financial results are presented in accordance with the SGA policies and generally accepted accounting principles. Applies international accounting standards as applicable for SIF reporting. Ensure proper internal controls are maintained and Ensure SAP features and functions are understood and properly leveraged to maximize analysis using this system.
20% - Analysis
Provide financial data through updates on key performance indicators, value analysis, periodic forecasts (current month’s forecast, 12 month rolling forecast, pre-closure and actualization), strategic plans (3-5 year plans) and the annual financial budget. Establishes sales forecast volume, pricing and mix variances in conjunction with product manager and general manager and establishes the cost of manufacturing targets in collaboration with plant management and general manager as well as setting discretionary spending levels.
15% - Reporting
Review and prepare numerous periodic reports, such as profit and loss statements, PVA, working capital, plant manufacturing results, capital spending performance charts, physical inventory reconciliation, sales analysis, audit requirements, account reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations and other reports necessary to assist NA Bonded management when making business decisions and comply with SGC reporting requirements.
10% - Responsible for the development of accurate inventory standards for all products produced and sourced for manufacturing and sales, approximately 92,000 SKU's consisting of raw materials, semi-finished components and finished product.
10% - Review and approve all capital expenditure proposals ensuring they meet the operational and financial return objectives of the business and communicates recommendations and justifications to regional, branch and corporate management as defined by the SGC policy.
10% - Leadership
Develop and coach staff through development of adequate goals and objectives with periodic and/or formal midyear review.
Nature of Scope:
The Saint-Gobain Bonded Abrasives North America’s largest manufacturing facility is located in Worcester, MA. The Saint-Gobain Bonded Abrasives manufacturing facility is the manufacturer of bonded abrasives; natural or synthetic grains molded into numerous shapes of grinding wheels. Mounted, plug and conical wheels are designed for a variety of applications: sharpening, cutting, and metal refurbishing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who are we ?
Saint-Gobain Abrasives manufacturers and distributes high quality abrasive products to engineering, distribution and retail markets in the UK. We are the world’s leading abrasives manufacturer and the only international supplier of abrasives that manufacturers each of the 3 major types of abrasives: Bonded Abrasives, Coated Abrasives and Diamond products.
With a strong presence in every continent the Abrasives Division serves its customers through structured sales operations in over 26 countries and employs nearly 16,000 people globally. Abrasives forms a key part of the High Performance Materials Division of Saint-Gobain, which is one of the 5 key areas of activity in which Saint-Gobain operate.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran