Reference : 576419
- Posting date : 02/10/2020
- Permanent / Regular (US)
- Posting date : 02/10/2020
CertainTeed’s finance team is looking for a Plant Controller to work with the Insulation product group in their Insulation plant located in Athens, GA. The Plant Controller will manage the timely completion of the month-end financial close and prepare all post-closing plant financial and production cost variance analysis, performance reports and meaningful commentary. The right candidate for this role must demonstrate awareness of all elements of a plant’s financial statements and prepare and coordinate the annual budget and interim forecasted periods at the plant level. A small percentage of travel is required, approximately 10%.
- Preparing, maintaining and analyzing product standard costs.
- Maintaining standard cost BOM’s and routings.
- Meeting the reporting requirements of the Insulation Activity.
- Supporting the analytical needs of the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and other financial management.
- Partnering with plant management to increase plant efficiency and profitability.
- Preparing timely analysis to understand the financial ramifications of current and proposed business actions.
- Identifying issues and proactively initiate analyses/solutions to plant issues.
- Ensuring the proper internal control environment is maintained in partnership with the plant manager.
- Ensuring compliance with Saint-Gobain Corporate and Insulation policies and procedures.
- Overseeing and reconcile inventory cycle counts and annual physical inventory.
- Assisting in preparation of capital appropriations requests.
- Tracking cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting.
- Ad hoc analysis.
- Identifying and driving workout/process improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA, CMA, or MBA preferable or equivalent, complementary work experience.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive cost accounting and analysis experience with a major manufacturing organization. A strong emphasis should be put on knowledge of management accounting, cost and inventory accounting, and GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills are required to quickly grasp issues impacting the plant’s financial results.
- Strong IT aptitude to deliver effective desktop reporting (paperless web-enabled environment), utilize SAP, Business Warehouse tools, BPCS, COGNOS, MS Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentations.
- Skilled in data extraction utilizing database queries and organizing information into a presentable format for presentation and explanation. Access or other database mgmt software applications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Capable of leading a process team and able to define clear vision, goals, and service standards.
- Ability to manage projects, work independently, and communicate effectively to all areas and levels of the location.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across plant and functional organizations.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.