Reference : USA04295
Press Brake Operator
- Distribution Operations
- United States , Georgia , NORCROSS
- Permanent / Regular
Brake Press Operator is responsible for operating various forming machines (CNC press brake and folders) and carrying out the daily tasks assigned by the supervisor. This operator has the ability to successfully setup and operate the machinery, including on more advanced setups. Works closely with supervisor and production planning on the full scope of projects moving through the department. Operator is flexible and adaptable to assignment changes and will jump in and help when needed. Ensures a safe and efficient operation of the machines and conducts quality control checks on the first part and throughout the production run.
Main responsibilities of this job:
- Follow standardized work processes and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Effectively carry out assigned tasks throughout the shift.
- Inspect machine prior to starting production.
- Advanced proficiency of inspecting and using measuring tools (i.e. Micrometers, dial calipers, height gages, depth gages, bore micrometers, dial indicators etc.) to indicate parts and verify dimensions of finished work piece.
- Inspect products to ensure quality and customer specifications throughout the shift.
- Notify supervisor if individual notices any issue with equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace.
- Correctly report production in ERP system and ensure that the production orders have all the correct information and details.
- Notify material handler of material needed and verify correct material.
- Setup production according to production order details and drawings. Notify supervisor and quality control if there are any deviations between orders and drawings.
- During plant down time this position assists with plant housekeeping, maintenance, and warehouse duties.
- Understands companywide and departmental metrics and plans their work accordingly to meet those goals.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPOSIBILITIES
- Ability to provide leadership and training and communicate updates and key information to other operators in the absence of supervisor and as directed.
- Participate in preventative maintenance to upkeep machine.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot machine problems fast and efficiently. Cooperating with additional areas such as maintenance and supervisors.
- Work as a team member to aid others in upholding and maintaining departmental standards including quality, production, and on-time delivery goals.
- Continuously improve job knowledge by participating in educational classes; reading technical publication, and cross-training of personnel.
- Attend daily safety chat and any other meetings conducted by supervisor.
- Provide suggestions and ideas to continuously improve safety, quality and process.
- Performs other duties requested by supervisor.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- High school diploma or GEDs.
- Must have excellent attendance.
- Motivate other associate and lead by example
- Ability to read policies & procedure manuals.
- Ability to safety operate/use hand and power tools.
- Ability to use measuring instruments (calipers, thickness gage, dial indicator etc.)
- Attention to detail.
- Multi-task & be flexible with assignments.
- Ability to train associates.
- Must have general computer skills abilities in order to complete and/or update reports, orders etc
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiar with safety standards for manufacturing environment.
- Maintain good work ethic and positive attitude.
- Familiar with LN system a plus.
- Good communication skills.
- Be a problem solver.
- Team player.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall, and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.