Reference : GBR09541
Electrical Maintenance Technician
- United Kingdom , North East
- Posting date : 01/12/2023
- United Kingdom
- Posting date : 01/12/2023
At Saint-Gobain we pride ourselves on being innovative, customer focused, agile, open and engaging and entrepreneurial. We are also proud to have been named a ‘Top Employer’ for 5 consecutive years. If you are a quick learner, you like working in a team, and you want to know what it’s like to work for a top employer that is working hard to make the world a better home; then please read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity to join us as an Electrical Maintenance Technician (Days).
This is a 6-month contract to provide support to the current team and manufacturing line.
You’ll be working for Saint Gobain Glass UK in Eggborough. Saint Gobain Glass UK is one of more than 30 exciting Saint-Gobain brands in the UK and the only UK based Saint Gobain site to manufacture flat glass for the commercial and domestic market.
Is this role right for me?
A great Maintenance Technician at Saint Gobain Glass UK will put safety above all else, work well in a team and be enthusiastic about the work you do. As a quick learner, you’ll be flexible to work in different areas, take responsibility for the work you do and always show good attention to detail.
How will you support us?
You’ll report to day Engineers and support activities to achieve the Coating and Laminating Line objectives and performance standards.
Typical tasks you can expect to carry include:
- Carry out proactive and reacting line maintenance
- Carry out fault finding to identify and resolve equipment faults
- Repair and rebuild equipment
- Support day and shift personnel to ensure line issues are resolved.
- Support to the site’s engineering department with major site work and projects
- Follow all safety practices and procedures to ensure the safety of yourself and others in the workplace
- Regularly hold SEED conversations with your colleagues to ensure safety practices are continually being used
- Ensure any incidents are reported appropriately and support root cause analysis to highlight any action that needs to be taken to prevent reoccurrence
What kind of person and experience are we looking for?
- C&I / Electrical bias with basic mechanical competence
- Able to investigate PLC code to diagnose faults.
- HNC/HND qualified
- Ideally 5+ years industrial experience
- Operated at autonomous technician level
Are Saint Gobain Glass UK and Saint-Gobain an Inclusive employer?
We’re working hard to be, and we’re keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We understand that a diverse workplace is not only a more enjoyable place to be, but also facilitates better decision making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role (this could be flexible hours, a job share, part time, to name a few). We can’t guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting, but we promise to listen.