Reference : GBR11829
Senior Process Engineer
- United Kingdom , South East , Robertsbridge
- Permanent / Regular
- Technical Production
Why do we need you ?
Are you enthusiastic about process engineering, process improvements and mentoring others?
British Gypsum is looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join their team in Robertsbridge, with the purpose to ensure the plant product performance meets the customer requirements through establishing good process capability. The Senior Process Engineer will inspire the process team to perform to their best of their ability, continuously improving the standards and process performance, to ensure high product yield and high efficiencies are achieved.
As part of Saint-Gobain Interior Solutions, we’re committed to providing innovative and sustainable solutions that make built environments better and make the world a better home. Through Saint-Gobain Interior Solutions, British Gypsum customers can also access high-performance and innovative insulation solutions from Celotex and Isover, making it easier and quicker to specify, order and install market-leading products.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Chemical Engineering or Process Engineering related discipline
- Managing safely IOSH
- Previous experience on working on continuous improvement projects
- Section Leader trained and the ability to demonstrate leadership qualities
- Experience working to WCM standards would be preferable
- We will consider candidates from all Process engineering industries
- Stable and solid background as a Process Engineer
What you will be doing:
- Mentoring and coaching all process engineers across the site
- Working closely with Line Engineers and Control engineers within a performance team,
- The Senior Process Engineer will have a dotted line to all process engineers on site, leading and teaching the technical side
- Driving a culture that supports continual development of credible experts
- They must take ownership of process issues on site and making improvements in the processes.
- Leading projects applying WCM tools.
- Lead the mill process team in developing and sustaining compliance with our H&S, Environmental and Quality procedures as defined in our IMS system
Is this job for you ?
Are SGIS and Saint-Gobain inclusive employers?
Saint-Gobain is the worldwide leader in light and sustainable construction improving daily life through high-performance solutions. From wherever you are, let your unique personality and our values guide you every day to invent a more sustainable world.
We understand that a diverse workplace is a more enjoyable place to be and facilitates better decision-making and innovation. So, whoever you are, and whichever Saint-Gobain business you join, you can be sure of a warm welcome with us.
And what about flexibility?
The world of work is changing. At Saint-Gobain, we’re always open to new ways of working. Everyone has different needs and commitments. We’ll happily discuss any need you might have for this role: flexible hours, job-sharing, part-time working, or anything else that matters to you. We can’t promise to meet every request when we’re recruiting. But we do promise to listen.
If you match our criteria, we will be in touch to discuss your experience and more about you as a person, we look forward to hearing from you!