Reference : GBR10869
- Technical Production
- United Kingdom , Yorkshire and the Humber , Goole
- Permanent / Regular
Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer - Celotex – Goole
Highly competitive pay, working environment, and professional training
At Saint-Gobain people matter to us, and we try to show that every day. As part of this, our aim is to create an enterprising and innovative working environment, where you have the opportunity to learn new skills, and develop your career. Did you know we have been awarded top UK & Global Employer 8 Years Running!?
This role is working at Celotex, part of Saint-Gobain Interior Solutions and the Saint-Gobain group at our world class production facility in Goole, Eggborough. At Celotex we manufacture PIF thermal insulation used in a wide variety of applications.
As a Multi-Skilled Engineer you'll be responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Plant, equipment, and buildings to ensure optimum, continuous, fault free production performance at all times.
- Completing all preventative and general maintenance work on site on time, maintaining all equipment to the manufacturer's recommendations, and ensuring all records are completed and always up to date.
- Dealing with unscheduled and emergency maintenance work and breakdowns, including fault finding and necessary repair in a safe and timely manner.
- Conduct root cause analysis on shift documenting and communicating immediate countermeasures and long term actions to prevent re-occurrence and allow accurate reporting to the Shift Manager for the shift log.
- Be proactive in predicting, detecting, reporting, and diagnosing potential and existing electrical and mechanical problems on all equipment to identify issues and faults, solve problems, and increase the reliability, availability, and utilisation of the plant.
- Maintain factory services in excellent order, utilise 5S system, and ensure housekeeping and safety are kept to the highest standard in all areas of responsibility for the Engineering Dept.
This role is working a 24/7 shift pattern but is not a 4 on 4 off rota. Full details of shift patterns can be supplied on application.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Have a recognised electrical and/or mechanical engineering qualification to HNC/HND Level
- Ideally electrical and/or mechanical engineering apprentice trained.
- Proven pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electrical knowledge including PLCs, three phase, inverters, control panels, sensors.
- Experience of working in a continuous manufacturing process environment using TPM and other preventative maintenance systems is essential.
This is a dual skilled role and the applicant must be qualified both electrically and mechanically. We will consider applicants that are bias in mechanical or electrical skills.
'Making the world a better home' - Saint-Gobain's purpose, we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenged faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
The future of tomorrow
We are an inclusive employer and keen to hire talented people regardless of their background, abilities, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, what football team you support, taste in music, fashion sense or anything else that makes you, you!
We believe that working in a diverse business can be more enjoyable, teams can be more innovative, and make better decisions. We already employ many fantastic people from diverse backgrounds, but we still want to do more.
So, we are on a mission to make Saint-Gobain inclusive and accessible to all, with role models for you to look up to and learn from, no matter who you are!
The world of work is changing, and at Saint-Gobain we are open to new ways of working in order to attract talented people to our business. We understand that everyone has different needs and commitments. Therefore, we are very open to discuss any flexible requirement or need that you may have for this role. We can't guarantee to meet all requests for flexibility when we are recruiting. But, we promise to listen